Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Not happy with Result tonight

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Jesus, this is North Stand Chat message board, not Facebook where people go in search of as many 'likes' as possible! Your thread title is inaccurate to the point you're trying to make. Looks like many others in here are 'commenting' against what you've oddly put too.. Just be grateful for the excellent result...

I'm templated to call you a flounce with that rather precious reply, but I won't. Or did I just do that? Anyway, only thing inaccurate is calling my choice of title inaccurate. I'm enTITLEd to my feeling, it's not for inferior perspectives like yours to tell me otherwise. And you don't see the number of likes nor those in agreement but then I guess that sucks your argument so I don't blame you for missing these. Ow, and to be extra controversial I will disagree with your use of 'excellent'...because it wasn't. Dare I suggest it was more of an 'alright' result, not as delirious with joy as 'excellent' implies...by beating Wolves 1 nil...only just...in October...

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Personally I think the players know they didn't play up to usual standards, and hopefully that'll spur them on for next game, together with CH behind the scenes talking to
hair-drying-emoticon.gif

Feckin' around with a kite isn't going to help though.....is it? :lolol:

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
WTF? Have you seen how other teams win 1-0 without a 15min onslaught that frequently turns our box into an abattoir? We can win more comfortably, it can be done. I've seen it on the Tele many times!
Yeah. By getting 2 goals ahead. Last 2 games we have failed to do that. Happens quite often with teams hanging on, especially when they have limited attacking options on the bench

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Delighted for the players but this hanging on by our finger tips cost us dear last year and will do again this as last Saturday showed. The result should have been Brighton 2,3 or even 4 but not just 1. It's bloody infuriating we cannot put the game to bed and end up twinned with the Alamo as full time approaches. Nope, this is happening way too often Albion so I'd give the players a Mullery-Cloughie type bollocking in the dressing room tonight despite the win for shock value as those two past masters used to do when the players were expecting praise. We cannot keep doing this, GP surgeries across Sussex cannot cope for one. Sort it out Albion! :censored::rant:

You claim that you're not happy with the result. Now, the result means that we're now in third place, five points clear of sixth place. The result was achieved against arguably the best and, if not, the second best team that has come to the Amex this season. The result means that we go into the next game knowing that a win will move us up to an average of two points per game, which puts us on course for a 92 point season if maintained thereafter. The result means that we've gone seven games unbeaten, and have now got 16 points out of 21 at home.
Yet, you're not happy with the result, rather than the performance, the substitutions, the last ten minutes, the referee, the tactics, Hughton's negativity, the pies, the fact that there were no pies in the central concourse in the WSU at half-time, SASTA, or even something else :thumbsup:

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
Bizarre thread.

Personally I'm happy with both the result and the performance tonight. Wolves have quick and dangerous forwards and we defended strongly. Norwood and Sidwell bossed the midfield battle. Apart from the flurry of corners at the end, Wolves didn't have us on the ropes at any point. And we didn't just drop deep second half, we were measured - we attacked when we could do that without opening ourselves up.

To talk about 'annihilating' the opposition is fantasy-land. This is a hard, competitive and finely-balanced league full of very good teams. And yet we've gone seven games unbeaten.

I'm quietly satisfied with a good night's work.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I don't think anyone deserved a rating of 1/10 for tonight's performance. I think you're being incredibly harsh.

Eh? Put the bottle down and FOCUS on what's being said and to WHOM! And for the record he's always worthy of 1/10. Go back and see who we're talking about and then you can rejoin the conversation post apology!

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Good result thought we were quite comfortable until the last 5mins , when we seemed to lose our composure , panicked a bit , but still hung on for the points . Deserved the points

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Bizarre thread.

Personally I'm happy with both the result and the performance tonight. Wolves have quick and dangerous forwards and we defended strongly. Norwood and Sidwell bossed the midfield battle. Apart from the flurry of corners at the end, Wolves didn't have us on the ropes at any point. And we didn't just drop deep second half, we were measured - we attacked when we could do that without opening ourselves up.

To talk about 'annihilating' the opposition is fantasy-land. This is a hard, competitive and finely-balanced league full of very good teams. And yet we've gone seven games unbeaten.

I'm quietly satisfied with a good night's work.

Yep it's an utterly BIZARRE thread by comparison to the thousands of sensible ones about honey badgers etc this FOOTBALL chatsite hosts. I pity a man who thinks a difference of opinion to his own is 'bizarre'. And that man tonight is you Sir. I pity you. Especially because you are quite wrong.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
You claim that you're not happy with the result. Now, the result means that we're now in third place, five points clear of sixth place. The result was achieved against arguably the best and, if not, the second best team that has come to the Amex this season. The result means that we go into the next game knowing that a win will move us up to an average of two points per game, which puts us on course for a 92 point season if maintained thereafter. The result means that we've gone seven games unbeaten, and have now got 16 points out of 21 at home.
Yet, you're not happy with the result, rather than the performance, the substitutions, the last ten minutes, the referee, the tactics, Hughton's negativity, the pies, the fact that there were no pies in the central concourse in the WSU at half-time, SASTA, or even something else :thumbsup:

Would be happy if we'd won by a bigger margin. And leave the central concourse pies out of it. That way lies controversy and no one wants to upset anyone here :thumbsup:

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
Yep it's an utterly BIZARRE thread by comparison to the thousands of sensible ones about honey badgers etc this FOOTBALL chatsite hosts. I pity a man who thinks a difference of opinion to his own is 'bizarre'. And that man tonight is you Sir. I pity you. Especially because you are quite wrong.

I don't automatically think a different opinion to mine is bizarre. But your opinion as expressed here is....well, bizarre.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I don't automatically think a different opinion to mine is bizarre. But your opinion as expressed here is....well, bizarre.

Nope it's sarcastic which is entirely different. And my level of sarcasm depends on your stupidity. I was very sarcastic because you were very stupid. You brought it on yourself in other words. It's not my fault! No offence like. Good night.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Seven games unbeaten, 8 clean sheets out of 13 games (the best in the Championship) and beat a team that took three points off of us, at home last season.

I'm happy. I don't care what anyone else thinks.

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
Nope it's sarcastic which is entirely different. And my level of sarcasm depends on your stupidity. I was very sarcastic because you were very stupid. You brought it on yourself in other words. It's not my fault! No offence like. Good night.

I have absolutely no idea what that is meant to mean. Best you sleep it off.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I would have thought that we had good used to the one goal wins by now, given the number we had last year.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Seven games unbeaten, 8 clean sheets out of 13 games (the best in the Championship) and beat a team that took three points off of us, at home last season.

I'm happy. I don't care what anyone else thinks.
me neither. But I did think my unhappiness was worth sharing given NSC's propensity to help others when in need. No such luck tonight eh TB? :) Just cruel jibes, lies and even a mention of pies.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here