Not going to any Amex friendlies - good move??

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Arrid

Jul 26, 2004
6th August for me. Just feels the right thing to do, don't know why. Will be jealous when the friendlies are played but just want the 6th to be the day!

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Yeah I pondered it but Spurs tempted me in the end. Passed on Eastbourne though.

liam82

Onwards and Upwards
Apr 8, 2007
Eastbourne
I'm going to both ramp up games, I could not stand not being there.

I understand those who want their first impression with the full bang but for me as the first games are not important I can really take in the surroundings and enjoy a relaxed game, the 6th of August will be about getting down to the business of winning the championship with no distractions :albion2:

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Haven't gone to the ground for a tour or anything, first games I'm attending are Donny and Gills :)

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
I've driven past the stadium hundreds of times in the past two years and have eagerly awaited JS's Friday Updates. I've also been offered various tours and familiarisations - but I don't want anything but a full fat (not diet) raw and real game to experience my first visit to the Amex. And, fixed or not, the Doncaster game is perfect symmetry to the last game at the Goldstone. Fourteen years... f***! Roll on Aug 6th.

Jun 24, 2010
Goring
My first ever Albion match was when we got stuffed 7-2 by arsenal in a preseason friendly back in late eighties. I want my first experience at our lovely new home to be one where a proper first team is up for it and has a point (or three actually) to prove. Remember the 6-0 Mansfield game at Withdean? it was worth the wait and the anticipation.

wittaz1985

Mar 29, 2011
Eastbourne
I don't think it really matters whether you get in the stadium early for Eastbourne or Spurs games. Donny will be a special day regardless of attending previous lesser games.

Oct 2, 2008
Skipping the ramp up events for various reasons. Having been to the WSU familiiarisation evening it removed one of the main reasons for going anyway.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I don't think it really matters whether you get in the stadium early for Eastbourne or Spurs games. Donny will be a special day regardless of attending previous lesser games.

Spot on. Went to the 'induction' but August 6 will be so special.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

wittaz1985

Mar 29, 2011
Eastbourne
Waiting for Donny and skipping Spurs is like a virgin waiting for that 'special moment'. You'll only wish you had done it before and got in more experience!

Don't really know what the hell I'm on about, just trying to find some justification for attending Spurs game. My impatience defeated me!

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
My first ever Albion match was when we got stuffed 7-2 by arsenal in a preseason friendly back in late eighties. I want my first experience at our lovely new home to be one where a proper first team is up for it and has a point (or three actually) to prove. Remember the 6-0 Mansfield game at Withdean? it was worth the wait and the anticipation.

I remember that arsenal game I'm sure we went 1.0 up.
I also remember it being less then half full at the goldstone.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Haven't gone to the ground for a tour or anything, first games I'm attending are Donny and Gills :)

Yup, exactly the same for us. 6 August is the beginning of a new era - bring it on!

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
6th of August for me as well. Watched it go up but have no desire to set foot inside until the first game. Will then join in the tears with many others remembering those lost before they saw it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports