Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Not family stuff/bereavement, nor football, what's your most sh!t experience?

KT17

Apr 19, 2014
:thumbsup:

They kept me on, as well as the new recruit, but I felt I couldn't stay. I left and went to work in another industry. I can't say I put one up them but Im happy the way things ultimately turned out. The job I didn't get was working for the CAA and incredibly interesting to me but it wasn't to be; I'm happy doing what I do now.

Good for you HT, similar thing happened to me with similar happy outcomes...

KT17

Apr 19, 2014
Around 10 odd years ago having been promised the annual promotion of which that grade included included car allowance I did not get it, they welshed on it and I was so fecking annoyed to the point where I very nearly resigned.

On a positive note a year later I got it and a huge pay rise so put around £600 net a month on my wages, it really did change my life style.

Good for you!

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Probably an anxiety attack I suffered in Bruges that lasted four hours, a horrifying experience. I'm not so prone these days. But I still don't travel abroad now.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Was there any trigger event for it?

My Mum's death. It started then- hard to fathom. I'm very open about it. I know it manifests itself in different ways with folk. Strangely for me, I can't travel distances with other people unless I can leave at any time (which I couldn't in Bruges). I travel to away games on my own and will only go on the coach if I know I can get a double seat to myself (I worry that it will trigger if I don't). I'm actually a very social person, I just have to be in an environment where I can easily extract myself. But It's much, much better now.

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
Getting the "can we still be friends?" letter from the girl I wanted to spend the rest of my life with when I was about 19.

Still use my nickname for her as my password for stuff 30 odd years later.

I really should let it go lol.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Being sectioned a couple of years ago, then living in a homeless hostel in Brighton for a couple of months after that. Not the most fun I've ever had in my life. Things are different now - have a great Mrs, a flat that although small is ok, a decent paid job which means I have money at the end of the month, and a life that at one point I didn't think I would ever have back. Mental illness is horrid, and although I have days where the black dog comes back, it's usually just to visit.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Eating jelly at a party that had (unknown to me) been spiked with LSD. Walking back to Moulsecoomb along Lewes Rd, I thought that the lamposts were chasing me and there were evil monsters lurking around every corner. I was with my sister who was almost hysterical with fear - not sure how we got home. I was in real state and then my mum blamed me for letting my sister get in such a bad way

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
It was a sunny Thursday morning. I tried to log onto NSC, but I somehow managed to type my password incorrectly which meant I had to retype it again!

I'll never forget that day.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Being replaced. Was with a girl that I thought was the love of my life only to find out that she's now seeing a guy 12 years older than I am (and there was an 11 year age gap anyway...) and doing all the things we used to do with him. It ****ed me up something chronic.

Oh, also anxiety & Depression. I don't like to use it as a reason or excuse but i don't like where I am because of it.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Eating jelly at a party that had (unknown to me) been spiked with LSD. Walking back to Moulsecoomb along Lewes Rd, I thought that the lamposts were chasing me and there were evil monsters lurking around every corner. I was with my sister who was almost hysterical with fear - not sure how we got home. I was in real state and then my mum blamed me for letting my sister get in such a bad way

That's what normally happens at all kids parties in moulsecoomb.

SAC

May 21, 2014
Being made redundant after 8 years with a company I loved working for. I knew it was coming but took it badly when it happened. Blew all my redundancy money on a new Vespa so not all bad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here