Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] (not) Chaos on the Road

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Took me 10 minutes to get down Olive Rd in Hove at lunchtime today. For that I'm believing the news story!

Wouldn't fancy having to do M25/M1 this evening though, reckon that will be busier than normal.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Tell me about it. Took me half an hour to get down my drive today, but then the estate is always busy at this time of year and I always stop to have a small sherry with my Head Gamekeeper.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
It was a bit misty coming down the Wirral.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Just like every Autumn certain rags always predict coldest winter for a century and six months later they are predicting a hose pipe ban.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
she is wrong..
for a few years I used a tank down to Somerset for Xmas dinner.. and return about 4/5ish... round trip was peaceful and lovely... best day on the roads

Do you think this is why it was easier for you

Doh just seen BH9's reply...beaten to it...sorry but its been a busy day for replies due to traffic :whistle:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Every year we have a story like this:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-42445966

- predicting doom and chaos on the roads on the last working day before the Christmas break. It is then followed by shock and surprise when it turns out to be quieter than a usual Friday. Why are these organisations incapable of taking what they discovered last year and modifying their predictions in the light of the observed facts?

Maybe its the same affliction that affects opinion pollsters.

I fell about laughing when a very similar report on the BBC last weekend said that the worst day for travel would be Wednesday 20th! The only explanation I can think of is that whatever organisation puts this shit out is actually just looking to promote itself rather than actually help the public.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Breezed home from Notting Hill to Crawley in 1 hour 10 minutes, can we have more Christmasses (sp) please?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Took me 10 minutes to get down Olive Rd in Hove at lunchtime today. For that I'm believing the news story!

Wouldn't fancy having to do M25/M1 this evening though, reckon that will be busier than normal.

You only need to check Twitter to see where the jams are. A27 by Eastbourne and the M25/A2 junction for starters.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
You only need to check Twitter to see where the jams are. A27 by Eastbourne and the M25/A2 junction for starters.

Generally best not to be looking at twitter while driving but thanks anyway.

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Patron
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes
Yeah, I got the train from Euston home to MK and I couldn't get a seat until Hemel!!!

EDIT : BUGGER sorry that's not roads is it (the cava's kicked in then)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here