Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Not about blood clots - have you had side effects from AstraZeneca vaccine?

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Thanks for all the responses! Seems like the normal reaction is just a few days which is what I had too. After initially looking like she was improving my wife is still suffering with fatigue and the headache has now come back (4.5 weeks later) so is going back to the doctor :(

Whilst wouldn't wish the reaction shes had on anyone else, would be nice to know she wasn't alone and/or it does get better with time but haven't yet found anyone with a similar reaction so she really has been unlucky.

If it helps, I suffered with some cracking headaches and fatigue about a week after I had the jab. That lasted for a good week or so and appears to have cleared up.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
A Doctor told me having strong side effects after a vaccination is quite a good sign as it shows your immune system is firing up (within reason, obviously).

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Reading through some of the very honest responses on NSC I really don't know whether to have my jabs or not. I suffer from a blood ailment (anaemia) quite regularly. Some of the side effects listed on here can be how I feel like on a normal day - quite debilitating - so I'm starting to doubt whether to go ahead. I'm not scared of needles as I have blood tests all the time but the thought of feeling like absolute shite for a few days is extremely off putting.

Probably a few more weeks to make up my mind. I know I'm just being a pussy (especially the reaction from my parents) but with blood clot cases on the news making people worry, should I just go for it when my chance comes and prepare for a few rough days? :down:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Reading through some of the very honest responses on NSC I really don't know whether to have my jabs or not. I suffer from a blood ailment (anaemia) quite regularly. Some of the side effects listed on here can be how I feel like on a normal day - quite debilitating - so I'm starting to doubt whether to go ahead. I'm not scared of needles as I have blood tests all the time but the thought of feeling like absolute shite for a few days is extremely off putting.

Probably a few more weeks to make up my mind. I know I'm just being a pussy (especially the reaction from my parents) but with blood clot cases on the news making people worry, should I just go for it when my chance comes and prepare for a few rough days? :down:

If you have any concerns talk to your doctor; they’re best placed to help you make a decision on whether to take a vaccine and/or which one. This would be my advice.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Had my first AZ jab yesterday morning, bit of an aching arm straight after the jab which was sorted out with paracetamol, then got the shivers overnight. Bit achy now but alright. I console myself with the thought that the vaccine is doing it’s job.

It is what it is.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
No reaction at all apart from a sore arm for a couple of days which I felt only if I raised it...it didn’t even stop me sleeping on it
Too paracetamol before and after ...and that evening ..but not after that

PeakGull

Aug 30, 2017
Derbyshire
After my first jab (AZ) I hardly slept at all the first night and felt pants for about 36 hours and my arm hurt like a ******* for about 5 days. My wife has had both doses (Pfizer) and had no reaction to either apart from a slightly achey arm.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Had my first yesterday. Shattered last night and feeling very achy and shivery today. Other I know have felt like this for 2 or 3 days. That seems a small price to pay and by the sounds of things side effects are a bit less severe after second jab

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
I had shivers the night after I had it and felt a bit stiff the next day. More or less back to normal 48 hours later.

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
Had my vaccination at 10am Friday. At 9pm that evening I was thinking no worries and no side effects....

1 hour later I was a shivering mess and absolutely freezing even though the heating was full on and I was wrapped in a blanket and a duvet.

All my joints hurt and I could not sleep. I’d drift off for 20 minutes and wake up in a pool of sweat (and still freezing cold). It wasn’t until 6am the following morning that I had a couple of paracetamol and finally had a few hours sleep. Felt fine after that.

I’ll be honest and say I was really surprised by the strength of the side effects. I hadn’t felt so crap since I contracted measles 10 years ago.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Had my vaccination at 10am Friday. At 9pm that evening I was thinking no worries and no side effects....

1 hour later I was a shivering mess and absolutely freezing even though the heating was full on and I was wrapped in a blanket and a duvet.

All my joints hurt and I could not sleep. I’d drift off for 20 minutes and wake up in a pool of sweat (and still freezing cold). It wasn’t until 6am the following morning that I had a couple of paracetamol and finally had a few hours sleep. Felt fine after that.

I’ll be honest and say I was really surprised by the strength of the side effects. I hadn’t felt so crap since I contracted measles 10 years ago.

Sounds similar to my experience. Really thought I'd got away with it til I woke up in the middle of the night. Starting to feel a bit normal now

Snowy

Jul 14, 2003
Perranporth
No side effects at all for me I’m pleased to say. Maybe a very slight tingle if I leant on the exact point where the jab went in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria

Similar to many of us I think. God knows what it must have been like to actually get covid itself....

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
sister had AZ , shivers 24 hours and threw up several times. Then fine. Pretty nasty was how she described it.

Do you get a choice to avoid the AZ if you prefer Pfizer ?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
sister had AZ , shivers 24 hours and threw up several times. Then fine. Pretty nasty was how she described it.

Do you get a choice to avoid the AZ if you prefer Pfizer ?
You don't get a choice unless you tactically avoid vaccination until you think AZ has run out and we are just using Moderna.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I've got my second AZ jab booked in for next week now. Has anyone had their second AZ jab yet and if so did you have any side effects?

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Had my first in early Feb with a bit of a temperature overnight and a headache.
But had my 2nd 10 days ago and no after affects at all.

Result!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here