Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Norwood...

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
It is irrelevant whether it's based on one game or all season, your original post was a disgrace. Slagging off one player is not what fans do. Opinion is one thing. Slagging off and making a scapegoat of one player is not what supporters should do

Get real ffs. So you're saying i'm not a fan because I'm critiquing a player? Pull your head out your backside.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Get real ffs. So you're saying i'm not a fan because I'm critiquing a player? Pull your head out your backside.

Well two parts of your 'critiquing' are plain wrong. Huddersfield didn't 'walk' through him. He can pass.

He's a more limited player than Stephens and Kayal (tbf as central midfielders in this division who isn't?) Usage of him and Sidwell should vary depending on the opposition. Last night was very much a Sidwell night.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I don't understand the fixation with 442, it might be our optimum formation in a standard set of conditions but we have to be able to react to situations. Last night was a lesson. Norwod is not a player for a standard 442 setup, doesn't mean he is bad, just means he is a risk.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I don't understand the fixation with 442, it might be our optimum formation in a standard set of conditions but we have to be able to react to situations. Last night was a lesson. Norwod is not a player for a standard 442 setup, doesn't mean he is bad, just means he is a risk.

Do you remember on here around the time of Poyet/ Garcia/ there was this big desire to play 4-4-2 and get a bit more direct. It's largely been proven right.

But I'll say now what I said then. We need to play a formation that suits the personnel we have available and the opposition. In the same way we had games under Poyet/ Garcia that were crying out for 4-4-2, last night looked like a 4-5-1 night before the game and looked even more so after fifteen minutes.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Everyone moaning that this is a just a reaction to last nights disgrace, it isn't. I've been saying he's a weak link all season. You can pick out a couple of things has HAS done but on the whole hes has been way below par with the rest of a well performing team. Obviously we've been well and winning which is why his performances (or lack of) tend to be overlooked.

The fact that its pretty much agreed we need to have 5 in midfield for him to be able to cope should give you an indication as to his ability. I also don't think he has ever had a shot on target and I'd be willing to stick my neck out a wager he wont help the team with a goal all season.

Not a scapegoat. Not moaning for sake of moaning. Just not the right choice IMO - heres hoping he proves me wrong (he wont :) ).

The fact you think teams play with 3 in the middle because they're making up for a certain player's lack of perceived ability casts doubts over how much you know about the game.

Not defending Norwood's performance yesterday, but he's a good player in the right system, and is even pretty good in a 442 as long as he is paired with the correct partner ie. Stephens

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
5 in a row at one point. At one point he lost it running back towards our own goal, he looked at Steve Sidwell and shrugged his shoulders (very french), as to say I HAVE NO IDEA WHATS HAPPENING!

Like you I think that was his worst game for us lastnight.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
At least Baldock can have a bit of peace now, we have found a new scapegoat. Who will be next?

The only thing wrong with Norwood is he is not a battler. He needed some-one alongside him last night who could get stuck in to allow him to play. Sadly kayal was also off the pace

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Decent when playing with Stephens, as all our midfielders are.

Telling.

THIS 100%

Stephens is our best central midfielder which is why other clubs want to buy him. He works incredibly hard and links everything together.

Norwood is a good player, our tactics were wrong yesterday. Under CH he has played as the advanced midfielder within a 3 with 1 striker usually when we have 20 minutes to go. Personally I think that's where he should have played from the start yesterday.

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

I think the manager has to take responsibility for this one.

Hindsight is 20/20 but without Stephens, Kayal still not totally back up to speed, no Baldock as an outball in a game away to a very good side, we should have played 3 in central midfield. If we are totally wedded to a 2 it should have been Sidwell and Kayal.

Norwood is a very fine player in a side that sees a lot of the ball. That was always unlikely to be the case last night.
Yes!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Norwood is a luxury player who can open things up. Useless as a battling midfielder at places like Huddersfield when we are being pressed. I'd not be inclined to play him against sides that press us with a strong midfield. Sub if we need some creativity.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
THIS 100%

Stephens is our best central midfielder which is why other clubs want to buy him. He works incredibly hard and links everything together.

Norwood is a good player, our tactics were wrong yesterday. Under CH he has played as the advanced midfielder within a 3 with 1 striker usually when we have 20 minutes to go. Personally I think that's where he should have played from the start yesterday.
Norwood is just sooooo pedestrian... he allows space a time to be released to the opposition right in front of Dunk/Duffy causing panic.... Sidwell should have started but CH has a liking for Norwood.... plenty of times Sidwell and Stevens have been on bench when Norwood has played.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I think the manager has to take responsibility for this one.

Hindsight is 20/20 but without Stephens, Kayal still not totally back up to speed, no Baldock as an outball in a game away to a very good side, we should have played 3 in central midfield. If we are totally wedded to a 2 it should have been Sidwell and Kayal.

Norwood is a very fine player in a side that sees a lot of the ball. That was always unlikely to be the case last night.

Spot on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here