Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Norwich & Swansea Coming in for Bridcutt

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
No one has mentioned that he's a young lad from London? Either move would require him going to the arse east end of the country or the arse west end. Perhaps in this case, location will help us out?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
No one has mentioned that he's a young lad from London? Either move would require him going to the arse east end of the country or the arse west end. Perhaps in this case, location will help us out?
Norwich to London is hardly a million miles.

tbh the only surprising thing about this is that better Prem clubs aren't sniffing around. I hope we can hold onto him, losing him would be a disaster.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
has to be said that for a team attracting so much criticism from our own fans we are getting a lot of positive attention from other clubs

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Not sure why Palace can say no but we can't? Let's shed Vicente if Bloom is concerned about money. We can't lose Bridcutt.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003

Have to say I did wonder how Bennett would cope living in the sticks with the Norwich KKK clan hounding him at every turn but he seems to be doing okay.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Not sure why Palace can say no but we can't? Let's shed Vicente if Bloom is concerned about money. We can't lose Bridcutt.

Vicente is under contract. To "shed" him basically means to pay up the remainder of his contract which would save all of zero pence.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
Would rather see him leave for free at the end of next season (when his contract runs out) than sell him now. His return was the reason we beat Saints last week. Bridders is a class act... not surprised premier league clubs are after him. Best midfielder i've ever seen in the stripes. He's about 10 times better than Crofts in my view!

Jan 30, 2008
I have had a really shit day today at work, signed on here expecting to see some good news and all the threads are just negative news, I need a beer and lots of them.

Bridcutt is the ONE player that makes us tick CONSISTENTLY. End of.
came on here for good news after a shit day at work ................... priceless :dunce:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Liam Bridcutt is indispensible. Absolutely no reason to sell him, he is under contract and his value to the team far outweighs his market value. I wouldn't even consider a bid of less than £5million. If that sort of silly offer came in, you have to accept it. But anything less, pah.

Dunk 1.5m, Noone 400k, Bridcutt 1m? I put a thread up about this the other day. Why are our players being hideously under-priced? You have 3 young english players playing in the 5th best League in the world and at the moment "speculation" will have you beleive that they could all go for a combined fee of £2.9 million? Around 300k less than we have paid for Mackail Smith, a 27 year old striker. f***ing DISGRACE.

I have faith in Gus and Tony to tell these big time IDIOTS to do one. Guy's just pick up the phone, dial in David, Malky and Paul's number and say something along the lines of "f*** Off". How dare Lambert coninuosly come in for every one of our midfielders. At least give us a SENSIBLE offer for a Chelsea academy youth product who would have cost 1.5million to buy out of his f***ing youth contract! Just shoddy, "big time charley" attitude and it stinks.

On the other hand, if we are mugged off to the tune of the above prices then as I have said previously my faith will be absolutely shot to peices. Come on Brighton, tell them to do one.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
But this is totally unrealistic. We have a wage structure, it's somewhere in the middle of this division. The likes of Swansea and Norwich have been promoted, they have massiv Prem budget and guaranteed parachute payments if the shit hits the fan. They could offer Bridcutt 3 or 4 times his current wages if they felt like it.

I doubt if we'd have kept Murray and Bennett we'd be any higher or lower than we are at the moment. This is because they've been replaced by good players. The problem is when you lose your good players but don't replace them.

This idea about only being able to progress if you 'keep your best players' really applies to the very top level. There are 50 Liam Bridcutts out there, but Tottenham know Modric is almost impossible to replace, ditto with Arsenal and Van Persie.

So you think we've replaced Murray? Benno? I don't...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Players come and go......if Bridcutt, Noone and Dunk all leave, they'll be replaced by the same/better quality. Spending £130M on a stadium and training ground would be a futile exercise without players.

You are over-confident that we can replace... it would be VERY difficult IMHO...

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
This speculation is becoming a joke now. We just need to start putting big price tags on players if we want to move forward as a football club.
For instance; Dunk £4 million, Noone £3 million, Bridcutt £6million.
Dunk and Noone would be easily replaceable for such a fee in my opinion, but there are very few players that can operate in the way that Bridcutt does. I would be really disappointed if we sold him for a penny under £5 million, because he would be practically impossible to replace.

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008
This speculation is becoming a joke now. We just need to start putting big price tags on players if we want to move forward as a football club.
For instance; Dunk £4 million, Noone £3 million, Bridcutt £6million.
Dunk and Noone would be easily replaceable for such a fee in my opinion, but there are very few players that can operate in the way that Bridcutt does. I would be really disappointed if we sold him for a penny under £5 million, because he would be practically impossible to replace.

£5m for Bridcutt? Spurs signed Van Der Vaart for £8m. Totally unrealistic.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here