Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Norwich sack David Wagner

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Harsh?

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Why do Norwich fans hate him?

They've done alright haven't they? He's not obviously obnoxious.

Are they playing route 1 or something?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It will be interesting to see what happens at Norwich now that they have an American investor influencing proceedings. On balance I think they have made the right decision at the right time.

I see he (Attanasio) holds exactly the same number of shares as Delia Smith and her husband Wynn-Jones's combined holding - 40% each, so no overall control by either party, with minority stakeholders like the Canaries Trust potentially influential in the future direction of the club.

The last 2 times Norwich have got promoted to the Prem they have really under-invested in the playing side and stunk the place out, and that was on Delia's watch so I think the fans will be sympathetic to Attanasio.

I thought over the two play-off legs Norwich were awful, but with Burnley, Sheff Utd and Luton coming down it will be a weaker division next season, whereas 25/26 will probably be stronger again. Therefore, now is the time to act, particularly if they want to keep Sargent and Sara. I wouldn't be surprised to see Arsenal's Carlos Cuesta come in as he's been linked with the Norwich role for months. I also see Rosenior and Steve Cooper are available, so decent options too.

Last edited:

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Felt like the season we got battered in the Play-Offs under Garcia. Probably lucky to get there and was shown up to be the case very quickly indeed. Neither had great squads, but Garcia saw the wind direction and rightly legged it before Hyypia got to manage a bunch of OPAs loanees and chancers the following season.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
It will be interesting to see what happens at Norwich now that they have an American investor influencing proceedings. On balance I think they have made the right decision at the right time.

I see he (Attanasio) holds exactly the same number of shares as Delia Smith and her husband Wynn-Jones's combined holding - 40% each, so no overall control by either party, with minority stakeholders like the Canaries Trust potentially influential in the future direction of the club.

The last 2 times Norwich have got promoted to the Prem they have really under-invested in the playing side and stunk the place out, and that was on Delia's watch so I think the fans will be sympathetic to Attanasio.

I thought over the two play-off legs Norwich were awful, but with Burnley, Sheff Utd and Luton coming down it will be a weaker division next season, whereas 25/26 will probably be stronger again. Therefore, now is the time to act, particularly if they want to keep Sargent and Sara. I wouldn't be surprised to see Arsenal's Carlos Cuesta come in as he's been linked with the Norwich role for months. I also see Rosenior and Steve Cooper are available, so decent options too.
The one thing about dear old Delia is that she kept to sensible budgets and accepted the yo-you life they led. It will take a lot of money to get them promoted and keep them there. I’m not sure that their infrastructure will currently support a sustained period in the PL, and it’s probably not the most attractive area/club to lure top players. Shame, as they are one of my teams as I was born there.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Yeah this. Been coming a while, surprised he lasted this long to be honest.

They could have lost by double figures last night, one of the most one sided games you’ll ever see. Amazing that was a play off game and not a cup game between teams in different divisions.
Made Leeds look like Champions League contenders ..........................................................

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here