Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Norwich Manager - Neil Adams appointed

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
Why? Has his badges, won the Development League with Charlton, had a huge role in our top 6 finish last season (more than anyone realised at the time), knows the squad and adds continuity. He should be a contender.

On the flip side, he's Welsh and looks a bit like a weasel.

I sit right behind our bench and all jones does is shout instructions that nobody, himself included, actually understands what he wants them to do. other than that his hands are either pushed so far into his pockets that his testicles must hurt, or he flaps them around like a demented penguin trying to take off.

PLEASE, PLEASE, do not give him the frigging job, a disaster waiting to happen, that's all

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Bugger. That means Lennon still doesn't have a job. Was hoping he'd've gone there.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Not quite - he was 13/8 second favourite (behind Lennon) when I looked earlier today.

10/1 or similar a week agao when I looked, I guess someone was in the know today.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I sit right behind our bench and all jones does is shout instructions that nobody, himself included, actually understands what he wants them to do. other than that his hands are either pushed so far into his pockets that his testicles must hurt, or he flaps them around like a demented penguin trying to take off.

PLEASE, PLEASE, do not give him the frigging job, a disaster waiting to happen, that's all

Thank you, saved me from saying it. "Won the development league with Charlton ..." Que?!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Great news on two level. All the good managers are still all available AND Norwich less likely to be the shoe-ins for promotion next season that I was expecting. Norwich Messageboard in meltdown, happy days.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
A poor choice, shows their lack of ambition. His job will be to cut the wage bill down as much as possible

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
Great news on two level. All the good managers are still all available AND Norwich less likely to be the shoe-ins for promotion next season that I was expecting. Norwich Messageboard in meltdown, happy days.

The other side to that argument is that managers have turned Norwich down over budgets. Our last 2 managers have left claiming the budget was a problem. The fact of the matter is that the championship will not only have to produce players through development squads, it will now have to give rookie managers their first chance at management. FFP is making the gulf between the premiership and the rest of the league wider and wider with each season.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Karma for the raping and pillaging of this club in the form of Crofts and Bennett. Death to the green and yellow filth! "We're not your feeder club any more, we're not your feeder club any-more"

:hilton:

Canary

May 21, 2014
A poor choice, shows their lack of ambition. His job will be to cut the wage bill down as much as possible

That is just wrong on so many levels.

1. We got turned down by Mackay. Adams was second choice
2. We have no reason to need to cut the wage bill down, the players all have relegation clauses and we're a debt free club.

We have no need to sell anyone, of course some will leave, I'd imagine the guys like Fer, RVW, Bassong will because they're not wanted.

Adams is a highly successful youth coach, who we've promoted. Our best managers, in Dave Stringer and Mike Walker came via that route so we've got form from the past.

I don't think we'll go straight back up, I never did. Think playoffs should be our aim

Canary

May 21, 2014
I also wouldn't take any notice of what the Norwich message board are saying, half of them have probably never seen a Norwich game and the other half are all Ipswich fans

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here