Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Norwich Liverpool

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Not over yet, if City win all their remaining games and Chelsea win at Anfield next week, City will be Champions on goal difference.

Unlikely though.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Chelsea could potentially put City back in the title race with a win at Anfield next weekend. Mourinho and Pelligrini don't get on, so that could be a factor. Palace will certainly have a say in who walks away with the trophy.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Great game. Despite being a Sky Sports subscriber I very very rarely watch premier league football, but Liverpool this season have been worth the subscription on their own. The Norwich comeback should be a timely reminder that Blackpool tomorrow won't be a gimme.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Looking very worrying for Norwich - their next 3 games are United (A), Chelsea (A) and Arsenal (H). They're doomed as can't see them getting any points from those remaining fixtures.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Great game. Despite being a Sky Sports subscriber I very very rarely watch premier league football, but Liverpool this season have been worth the subscription on their own. The Norwich comeback should be a timely reminder that Blackpool tomorrow won't be a gimme.

That's true. A stack of goals in the PL and some quality play this season. Nice to see some variance in the clubs at the top from the usual 5 of the last few seasons. Last August it might had been expected that Spurs (£109m spent in one window added to an already expensively assembled squad), and ManC & Chelsea spending big again, might dominate - just shows that squad spend/player wages budget isn't the sole factor in final league position. Some great young English players emerging too - Barkley, Flanaghan, Sturridge, Sterling, Stones, Shaw and others.

Blackpool will be fighting like Norwich, and against Burnley on Sky the other evening Blackpool, similarly as did Norwich today, they went aerial with loads of tall players in the box. Over to Upson and co to deal with that barrage.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Looking very worrying for Norwich - their next 3 games are United (A), Chelsea (A) and Arsenal (H). They're doomed as can't see them getting any points from those remaining fixtures.

I think potentially it's not as bad as it appears on paper.

Man Utd aren't the dominant side they were in the past, and have nothing to play for so might not be up for the fight. Chelsea could be all but out of the title chase, and more focused on the champions league, leaving them vulnerable.

Arsenal would be the one, if they are still chasing fourth. Everton might have dropped points giving Arsenal the spot, meaning they are focused on the FA Cup.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
With a capacity of 27,220 that's pretty good I think - just under 97% full

Tickets sold remember, not bums on seats.

Personally I have enjoyed watching Liverpool this season, they are great to watch, Suarez is amazing. However, I'd laugh like a drain if they failed to win it, can you imagine the outpouring of grief from the Liverpool fans all over the country (world). I'm hoping that Chelsea or Man City can pulls it out of the hat.

Last edited:

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
When I lived in Liverpool during the 1980s the fans were a right bunch of boring titheads who were so used to winning everything that they really believed LFC were destined to be the champions of everything forever. Fast forward to now. Post hillsborogh, post the wilderness years of average to poor performances and players of mediocrity they seem to have matured a bit. It won't be long before they're back to being bellends but, for now, good luck to them.

Most interesting PL team to watch that's for sure. Very entertaining and easy on the eye.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
When I lived in Liverpool during the 1980s the fans were a right bunch of boring titheads who were so used to winning everything that they really believed LFC were destined to be the champions of everything forever. Fast forward to now. Post hillsborogh, post the wilderness years of average to poor performances and players of mediocrity they seem to have matured a bit. It won't be long before they're back to being bellends but, for now, good luck to them.

Most interesting PL team to watch that's for sure. Very entertaining and easy on the eye.

Some wilderness years though. Wilderness years that the likes of Arsenal, Spurs, Everton, ManC, Chelsea ... would all have given their right arm for. Frequent CL football and runs to the latter stages, Champions of Europe again, UEFA cup, FACs and LCs. Just weren't able to add the PL as they fell away financially compared to PL rivals with better stadiums and/or generous benefactors.

The "boring titheads" thing comes with sustained success. ManU and Chelski management/players/followers have rubbed people up the wrong way during their more recent winning years. Can be interpreted as arrogance or confidence.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Chelsea could potentially put City back in the title race with a win at Anfield next weekend. Mourinho and Pelligrini don't get on, so that could be a factor. Palace will certainly have a say in who walks away with the trophy.

City have to go to Palace and Goodison, and on current form I can see them dropping points in at least one of those handing the title to L'pool

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Either way, it looks like Mourinho, his snarling/spitting fitness coach and Terry won't be crowned champs. :thumbsup: :lolol:

But that wouldn't stop Terry turning up in full Liverpool kit as the trophy is awarded

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here