Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Norwich City vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Blatant penalty, there was definitely contact. VAR is so pointless at times.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
How have the officials between them not given that!? Red card probably too. Disgrace.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Looked like Krul caught him so a penalty if he goes straight down.. but he attempts to keep balance and then falls after another step. Tough one to call.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Pathetic card from Lallana there. He was hardly going to cause any issues 50+ yds from goal.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Really poor from Krul and the defenders there- they conned the ref and probably VAR. Maupay is a marked man sadly. That was a clear pen.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
His heavy touch away from the keeper and the delayed hitting the ground was never going to get that given with the way they are using VAR this season

No, fair enough - but it looked a penalty in real time to me as well. If it had been given by the ref, VAR wouldn't have overturned it.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
How can that not be a penalty. Joke.

I can only assume it's because it's not a "clear and obvious error".

The ref's decision was no pen, and at first sight I think that's reasonable (could've gone either way in truth). For me, it was only the very last angle that made it look like a penalty. but none of the other angles did.

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
Maupay would have done better staying on feet. It looked like he was trying for penalty after his heavy touch

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here