Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Norwich City vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Now at last we can concentrate on what we do best. Yelling at the board to buy a ****ing striker

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Three points in the bag , we needed that before the hard games to come. However, the stats show Norwich had more possession, more shots....Warren Aspinal just said , “ a better side would have battered us”

To avoid being in an annual relegation battle we need more quality up front. .... I may be old fashioned but I would love to see a big bold brave ( probably Black ) centre forward who can shoot and head the ball

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
Never likely to be an enjoyable watch but what the hell.....

Yassss! Get in ya DANCER! :O
Seven points from four fixtures. Pleased/more please!

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Tough watch, but it was must win for them and a must not lose for us.
Was never going to be pretty.

Job done.

djentist

Aug 15, 2017
Not a classic, but we held our nerve. Norwich offered little and we defended well when we needed to, pounced at just the right time in the game. Surely a 4th PL season awaits, great work all round.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Bloody brilliant. Lamptey awesome and what a beautiful goal!

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Bissouma good again- really emerging as a genuine midfield talent.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Reading this thread, lets just hope PL stadiums remain empty for next season

Not being an Albion fan you almost certainly don’t realise that we never do things the easy way. If we were a goal down and chasing a game we’d almost certainly be hit on the break and 2-0 down. Whoever we have as manager doesn’t seem able to get the Albion to do this.

No complaints from me but feck me that was stressful and I love that Norwich goal post

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Three points in the bag , we needed that before the hard games to come. However, the stats show Norwich had more possession, more shots....Warren Aspinal just said , “ a better side would have battered us”

To avoid being in an annual relegation battle we need more quality up front. .... I may be old fashioned but I would love to see a big bold brave ( probably Black ) centre forward who can shoot and head the ball

More possession? How many times do we get told we had more but then get criticised
More shots ..but only one on target!

We got three points ..because we put the ball in the net :)

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
The performance wasn't important today, the result was. Vital and huge 3 points today, piles the pressure on the clubs below us and 3 of them are against traditional big 6 sides in this round of matches. A big step, and there is now a scenario where winning against Liverpool will confirm our PL status.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Not being an Albion fan you almost certainly don’t realise that we never do things the easy way. If we were a goal down and chasing a game we’d almost certainly be hit on the break and 2-0 down. Whoever we have as manager doesn’t seem able to get the Albion to do this.

No complaints from me but feck me that was stressful and I love that Norwich goal post

I hated it 3 years ago, it owes us that [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011

In fairness the Norwich woodwork owes us after the last game there.

Edit: beaten to it ^^

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
The one bit of class in the entire game, and we scored. Awful game, pretty awful performance, great result.

Up the Albion!!

Thompson720

Jan 5, 2019
Patcham
Job done. Wasn't pretty, virtually safe, especially if results again go our way. We move to the next one!

Lamptey and the post - MotM

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
The performance wasn't important today, the result was. Vital and huge 3 points today, piles the pressure on the clubs below us and 3 of them are against traditional big 6 sides in this round of matches. A big step, and there is now a scenario where winning against Liverpool will confirm our PL status.

Since lockdown we've played well for about 60 minutes in total. We've got 7 points in 4 games. That bodes very well for next season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here