Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Norwich City kit published on internet..

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Kit looks the same to me(well it's the same in my book)-far worse things to look at on the net and police are never involved,to much shame-verdict unfortunate for the lad-perhaps the East Anglia club could offer him a position in their IT Dept...

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Read a quote from the Norwich guy trying to defend releasing a new home kit after just a year. Something along the lines of the fans wanting a new shirt each year - utter bollocks

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
I see Norwich have now issued an apology over their handling of the whole affair. Quite right too, as calling in the police over the leaking of their shitty kit has got to be the biggest overreaction in history.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
It was mentioned on the New Kits thread.

Ridiculously heavy handed.

"We are the guardians of the football club whilst we're here and so we will protect our property.

"And our property in the digital age involves our intellectual property, so we won't allow anybody to come in and take it from us."

It's a photo of a new kit and a 17 year old FAN was excited to come across it on YOUR website. Christ.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I see Norwich have now issued an apology over their handling of the whole affair. Quite right too, as calling in the police over the leaking of their shitty kit has got to be the biggest overreaction in history.

Presumably, only an apology due to negative press. The scary thing is they thought they were right in the first place.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Definitely. The worrying thing is I can imagine a lot of clubs acting in the same way.

Quite. Our club seemed quite discreet with the Brighton branch of the EDL and club badge.

I wonder what Norwich would have done in that instance. A dawn raid with smoke bombs, snipers and what-have-you?

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
Norwich City have behaved like heavy handed fools & made themselves look stupid. FFS, it was a football kit web page not the Pentagon or MI5 the kid had got into!

They are a strange bunch in that part of the World as we well know. :rolleyes:

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
Absurd over reaction. Waste of police time and resources. Made themselves look like utter cocks in the process

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Surely they won't officially bring out the kit until Vicente arrives.

Potters mate

Jan 22, 2004
Lewes
The Norwich board should be kneeling in worship at the feet of this kid. This non-event has got their 'innovative' new kit a million times more publicity than delia couldve dreamed about.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I think we'd find that if it went to court Norwich would have lost.

couldn't find a youtube clip, but the old '12 hours!' bit reminded me of that Fawlty Towers sketch where Mrs Richards loses her money, then claims it's a tenner short, Basil then over reacts trying to break into a charity box etc

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
It's ridiculous. The launch of a kit a few hours earlier has NO IMPACT on sales and can't damage the clubs brand at all. The best bit is that the kit is exactly the f***ing same as this years kit but with a collar!

Complete over reaction.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here