Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Norwich arrogance on Wrath of the Barclay

Norfolk Mustard

Jan 15, 2011
Depends how are you judging 'bigger club'? Norwich have capped their season tickets to 20,500 with a waiting list of 1500. Home attendances are 24 to 26k every league game - a figure maintained throughout the season in League One. That's more than Blackpool, Wigan, Bolton, Blackburn and WBA usually get, so it's a very well-supported club that's for sure!

naarich93

Jan 28, 2011
I have, & what a disaster!
One week holiday in the middle of nowhere - pissed down solidly for 3 days so left 4 days early!
Nothing to do either (except look at the rain) - dullest place on earth. NEVER NEVER AGAIN.

fair enough, i personally like it but i suppose not to everyone's taste

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Depends how are you judging 'bigger club'? Norwich have capped their season tickets to 20,500 with a waiting list of 1500. Home attendances are 24 to 26k every league game - a figure maintained throughout the season in League One. That's more than Blackpool, Wigan, Bolton, Blackburn and WBA usually get, so it's a very well-supported club that's for sure!

It does indeed depend on how you judge it, and to be honest i dont know how you can.
As Pasty pointed out before your history is more successful than ours and at the moment you get higher gates than us but that wasnt always the case.
You mention Bolton and Blackpool, personally i think of Bolton as being an average sized club, a bit like Norwich and dare i say it Brighton, yet their history would suggest they are actually much bigger than both. Blackpool again i would say are smaller than both but again history says otherwise.
Huddersfield are another example, they won the league three years running back whenever, yet i dont see them as a big club because in my lifetime i cant remember them being close to the top flight.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Errr are our fans insane? Or on a mass wind up on our own forum? Of course Norwich are bigger CURRENTLY. Not THAT much bigger but bigger. We can definitely get to a similar size in a couple of years. Not had loads more success than us especially considering our situation last 15 years. Similar rural yet enormous catchment area. Of course Gus wouldn't go there but a player might if they doubled his money now and we didn't. This is posturing like Rooney etc. did. Agree to look at what they offer Bennett and then come back to the club and say something like I'm happy here but on 4k and they'll give me 10k plus bonuses. If you'd like to give me 10k next year if we get promoted and a 100k bonus, plus up my wage in L1 to 7k then I'd love to stay. Tony says no. He hands in a request to show serious. They settle on 6k going up to 8k if promoted. Not saying this is the case but just an idea.

Phoenix Arrow

Mitoma Enthusiast
Aug 18, 2009
Sverige
fair enough, i personally like it but i suppose not to everyone's taste
Well, farms are pretty intense I suppose. To be fair, Norwich is a nice enough place. Doesn't stop the rest of county being as dull as all hell though.

Norwich are a bigger side than us, I don't see how anyone can argue against that. The arrogance of their fans is matched by the arrogance of ours in this matter though and I find both sides a bit pathetic. Norwich aren't too big to turn down which is the attitude they seem to be giving off right now but equally Brighton don't have a one stop ticket to the Premier League which some of our fans seem to think. Bennett clearly thinks Norwich have what it takes to get promoted this year. I don't reckon they will but that doesn't matter.

If he leaves our team won't collapse and whether he stays or goes, I just wish they'd hurry about it so this speculation can f*** off.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
If he leaves our team won't collapse and whether he stays or goes, I just wish they'd hurry about it so this speculation can f*** off.

Now that my friend is the best comment I have read since this whole business started. 100% agree with you :thumbsup:

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
I thik the definition of a 'bigger club' is based on who was in the first 'Panini Sticker Album' you ever collected.

Therefore, for me QPR and Norwich will always feel bigger

BabyJebus

Jan 30, 2011
As a lurker on the Wrath board I think it's all a bit of a wind up, there's a Brighton fan who's been posting there quite frequently about Bennet and they're just winding him up.

I really wouldn't take it as a given that Norwich fans have ideas above our station, we know our place on the food chain!

Oh and if the Bennet thing does happen tomorrow, I'll be happy for us but also, I'll feel for you guys, it's happened to us on many an occasion and it leaves a bitter taste in the mouth. All the best for the remainder of the season

Jan 30, 2011
Just to clarify: the 'Brighton fan' on WotB is almost certainly a weird obsessive Ipsh*t supporter whose ham-fisted attempts to pose as a Norwich fan and then go on and on about how great Ipsh*t are have long since been rumbled by all forum members who are capable of tying their own shoelaces. The 'arrogance' over the likelihood of Elliott Bennett signing is largely in response to this knuckle-dragging moron's frequent posts along the lines of "I genuinely support Brighton, I really do", which fell apart the second someone challenged him to name a real ale pub near Brighton station and his googling didn't lead him to the Evening Star.

Also, don't listen to First Wizard. No further comment on that.

Anyway, glad to see the new ground is coming on nicely, and I hope we get to play you there next season (unless we go up ourselves, of course). Best of luck for the rest of the season!

shaun_rc

Feb 24, 2008
Brighton
I think someone's perception is always based on where the club was when they started watching football. For example I always think of Sheffield Utd being a club which bounces around the basement divisions, which is now unfair, or Wigan and fulham as other teams which live at the bottom of the pile..

That sounds like a good topic for another thread. "Where do you think clubs belong in your head, from when you started watching football?" I agree about Sheffield Utd, they were in the bottom two divs for ages. Another team who were always in the 4th Division were our friends in Portsmouth.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I thik the definition of a 'bigger club' is based on who was in the first 'Panini Sticker Album' you ever collected.

Therefore, for me QPR and Norwich will always feel bigger
:lol:

Plus, Norwich now have more fans on here than Brighton do. They must be bigger.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
As of next season, the most likely outcome is that Norwich will be NO BIGGER a club than us... EB should see sense... if it was a Prem club, then I could understand it...

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
I find this very telling: 'Norwich City appear to have switched their attention away from Elliott Bennett, after Albion chairman Tony Bloom stated on Friday that the winger is not for sale.' But Poyet does go on to say: 'The statement from the chairman was clear, so from that moment I have had no doubts. It is the last day and you never rule anything out, but I will be happy if nothing happens.'

Brighton and Hove Albion | News | Latest News | Latest News | Poyet Wants a Quiet Day

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
As of next season, the most likely outcome is that Norwich will be NO BIGGER a club than us... EB should see sense... if it was a Prem club, then I could understand it...

Let go by Wolves ( poss Championship next season ) as not good enough....leaving Brighton ( poss Championship next season ) to better himself......joining Norwich ( poss Championship next season )...answers on a postcard..

First Wizard

Jan 30, 2011
Just to clarify: the 'Brighton fan' on WotB is almost certainly a weird obsessive Ipsh*t supporter whose ham-fisted attempts to pose as a Norwich fan and then go on and on about how great Ipsh*t are have long since been rumbled by all forum members who are capable of tying their own shoelaces. The 'arrogance' over the likelihood of Elliott Bennett signing is largely in response to this knuckle-dragging moron's frequent posts along the lines of "I genuinely support Brighton, I really do", which fell apart the second someone challenged him to name a real ale pub near Brighton station and his googling didn't lead him to the Evening Star.

Also, don't listen to First Wizard. No further comment on that.

Why? what the hell have I done wrong now? :(

footychick

Nicola
Dec 8, 2005
Soham, United Kingdom
Some parts of Norfolk are lovely - Wroxham, Holkham, Wells-next-the-sea.
Norwich is ok.
randomsummer2010058-1.jpg
mundesleyetc0710064.jpg

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here