Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Norwich arrogance on Wrath of the Barclay

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Pretty much to a man they think Bennett is a done deal. Am I missing something here, it's Norwich City FFS not Barcelona. They absolutely love themselves.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
norwich fan to delia... sorry, i can't make the game today, i am too sick!!!
delia says, i am sorry to hear that, how sick are you?
fan replies, i'm in bed with my sister :D

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Can we please please please stop all this anti-Norwich bollox. They ARE a bigger club than us, they have a chance of hitting the prem next season, and if EB goes there, then good luck chap, and thanks for your efforts whilst playing in the stripes.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Not only are they convinced that Bennett will go & join thier simpleton love-in, one of the Dung Spreaders reckons that "if Lambert ever takes a top prem job we'll take poyet anyhow".

What a bunch of deluded dullards.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Can we please please please stop all this anti-Norwich bollox. They ARE a bigger club than us, they have a chance of hitting the prem next season, and if EB goes there, then good luck chap, and thanks for your efforts whilst playing in the stripes.

Just a minor adjustment: They are currently a bigger club than us. They are not 'a bigger club than us.'

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
Not only are they convinced that Bennett will go & join thier simpleton love-in, one of the Dung Spreaders reckons that "if Lambert ever takes a top prem job we'll take poyet anyhow".

What a bunch of deluded dullards.

Exactly. There's around 10 clubs that Gus may well leave us for in England, and Norwich certainly isn't one of them.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
horrible forum that - clumsy and slow - stockport have one constructed in the same way and I can't be arsed with that one either.

truth be told I think we were pretty arrogant about the potential signing of Harley from Exeter and it really is a factor of which end of the deal you are sitting on.

big difference between arrogance and some of the trolling that has been going on though which really reflects badly on their club/fans. Shame because they are generally not a bad lot and in fairness to Lambert he has them playing some good football - they might struggle when he moves on as they all seem to think he will because he seems to be the difference between them being where they are in the league as opposed to where they might normally expect to be. On the big cock (sorry, club) debate I have to say they are well placed geographically and do a great deal to make the club accessible. They have a bigger ground with a bigger capacity but it isn't ever going to be as pretty as the amex

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
This thing about Norwich being bigger than us intrigues me.

I was a teenager when we made it to the top flight in 1979 and didnt think of Norwich being a bigger club than us then, i dont really now, both clubs have had their ups and downs through the years and you cant really judge us on the last 15 years or so as our stature as a club has been so handicapped as you all know. Likewise I dont think Norwich's one season of European football and that successful night in Munich, many years ago now, is enough to make them a big club.

It just made me wonder if people my age and older think we are on a par?, is it just the youngsters on here that see Norwich as a big club?

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
This thing about Norwich being bigger than us intrigues me.

I was a teenager when we made it to the top flight in 1979 and didnt think of Norwich being a bigger club than us then, i dont really now, both clubs have had their ups and downs through the years and you cant really judge us on the last 15 years or so as our stature as a club has been so handicapped as you all know. Likewise I dont think Norwich's one season of European football and that successful night in Munich, many years ago now, is enough to make them a big club.

It just made me wonder if people my age and older think we are on a par?, is it just the youngsters on here that see Norwich as a big club?

I think someone's perception is always based on where the club was when they started watching football. For example I always think of Sheffield Utd being a club which bounces around the basement divisions, which is now unfair, or Wigan and fulham as other teams which live at the bottom of the pile..

naarich93

Jan 28, 2011
thanks for all the nice words about norwich, clearly some nice brighton fans out there. (i particularly like the fact that you've said we love ourselves.) but what gets me is that many of you think you are a bigger club than us=riduculous. firstly-who cares, second-all we did was bid for one of your players and you lot have made it out like we have 'stole' him from you. I personally don't think bennet will go so just chill and enjoy that sea air.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex

Nope. Norwich have had more seasons that us in the top flight. They have reached 4 league cup finals, winning 2, have qualified for and in played in European competition and have never been 90 minutes away from leaving the football league altogether. For me, that makes them a bigger club than us. Oh, I'm 45 by the way.

naarich93

Jan 28, 2011
the reason why a few of us are on here is because of the cr*p many of you say about our club e.g. see the above, plus its fun to wind up

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here