Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Norwich ARE Promoted

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Especially as at the start of last season they were thrashed at home.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Maybe Lambert manager of the year? Gus, the blueprint's are in Norfolk

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Oh I'm sure we'll get a good wedge for him, but he's going to be difficult to replace.

Trouble is if he went there he would go straight back out on loan as not Premiership standard. Think Crofts might struggle to hold his place as well.

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
Well done to Naarwich. My son is up there, and next door neighbour supports them.

Would love Albion to be like them in 5 years time, a strong regional club with 20-25k supporters, 20k + S/T holders, and at top of Championship, or just into premiership.

Well done.

D

Deleted member 18477

if anything this means they are less likely to want bennett. they will need better quality if they are to stay in the prem. bennett is unproven at championship level let alone prem level. but yes if they take the gamble we will now get good money. if oxlade chamberlain is rated at 10 million, im sorry but a champion HAS to be rated at least 5-8 million. bennett isnt exactly old...

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Never ready for the Prem yet. Would be a poor signing for them.

Thanks to Norwich for delivering the away victory and sealing me a very easy score from Stan James.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Will they still want him now there in the Prem?

I'd assume so, otherwise I cannot understand why they would offer 1mil for him in January if they thought they wouldn't want him 6 months later, perhaps now they'll set their sights higher as they can afford to. As for Crofts hasn't he been one of their players of the season, at least whenever I've watched them or seen extended highlights he has been very involved and he has chipped in with a few goals.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Expectation could blow the roof off of Falmer if we get of to a flyer.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
if anything this means they are less likely to want bennett. they will need better quality if they are to stay in the prem. bennett is unproven at championship level let alone prem level. but yes if they take the gamble we will now get good money. if oxlade chamberlain is rated at 10 million, im sorry but a champion HAS to be rated at least 5-8 million. bennett isnt exactly old...

I'm sorry but that is the most retarded thing I've read on here in quite some time (including all the crap I post!) why on earth do you think Bennett is worth more because he is in a team that won the league (by grinding out results against the lower teams) by your thinking we should be asking 1-2mil for Holroyd no, 500k for batti?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Well Bennett will be on championship wages now as his contract will no doubt have had such clause written in were we promoted thus championship wages = championship player=championship fee in my book.so he's worth more now-this will help a little but can't see much over £1.75m

Nah - not ready for Prem - they'll be eyeing bigger prey

Crofts back to us? Hmmmm . . . .

You have to consider that any team deserving of promotion has built a side worthy of competing in a division higher.
They got Crofts and his input has helped them go up - therefore you'd have to imagine he's an essential competitor who has stepped up, got them up, and will manage in the Premier. Not that they'd beat the Arse/Manu/Chelski lot, but that they'll compete.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here