Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Northwich Vics to fold

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
All the best to Northwich Victoria. All the time there are fans who are willing to put up a fight for their club, then those clubs will never die.

Let us know when the supporter's trust is set up and we'll send a donation too.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Thanks and done.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Very best of luck to all involved, no club should ever be allowed to be ruined by one man or one small group of men (we know that all too well) and it's a sad day when any club at whatever level faces what you guys are facing.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Didn't relise Swindon have major problems to.Far worse then our plight now

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
Seems to be a bit of a crisis in the Conference, sorry, Blue Square Premier over the last few years, lots of clubs going into administration and even out of business. What is the cause of it? ???

Too much monmey in the higher leagues - and not enough in the lower leagues i reckon. It's bound to have an impact on the lower leagues

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Good Luck the Vics. My Nephew plays for the kiddies team there, I assume all the youth, teams are in the same boat and likely to stop too.

Shame really that once again an individual has gone into a football club with what appears to be less than good motives.

It impacts not only the fans, but the players who depend on it for a living, the others who work for the club, and kids and youngsters on the ladder, who may be the future of football in the UK.

I would like to see the FA start taking a hardline approach, make sure all clubs, especially the small ones like Northwich, Crawley, Leeds etc, are not abused by moneymen, just in it to make a buck or two out of ground sale, administration etc.

Sadly, I am living in cloud cuckoo land, the FA, pah, that is the most appropriate acronym ever really isn't it?

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
Seems to be a bit of a crisis in the Conference, sorry, Blue Square Premier over the last few years, lots of clubs going into administration and even out of business. What is the cause of it? ???

Main cause is a few crooked & or amateur chairman with their own agenda. There are now the 'rich' BSP clubs that inhabit the top half of the table & then there are the 'also runs'. The 'wrong' chairman usually get found out but by then it's too late for the club & the inevitable generally happens. There are rules & business models that only allow the BS league clubs to pay a % of their income as players wages but we all know there are ways around that. Not the day to elaborate on that one!!!

ChubbyNVFC

Oct 29, 2006
Quick update, we had a shock at the Supporters Trust meeting last night as it appears that a group of Manchester based businessmen have agreed to buy the club from the Conman. We will still be playing at the Victoria Stadium too but as tenants of the Walrus (not ideal - but it's a start). We will know for sure after next Wednesday when the court ruling is heard.

Thanks again for the support folks.

Chubbs.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
That sounds more promising news. Good luck with it all.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Quick update, we had a shock at the Supporters Trust meeting last night as it appears that a group of Manchester based businessmen have agreed to buy the club from the Conman. We will still be playing at the Victoria Stadium too but as tenants of the Walrus (not ideal - but it's a start). We will know for sure after next Wednesday when the court ruling is heard.

Thanks again for the support folks.

Chubbs.
Local rag 2 days ago -

Final whistle for VicsOct 10 2007

by John Buckley, Mid Cheshire Chronicle

DEBT-RIDDEN Northwich Vics will almost certainly be wound-up next Wednesday.

Vics are solely owned by Mike Connett, who once likened himself to billionaire Chelsea owner Roman Abramovitch.

But the club owes more than £300,000 in taxes and more to other creditors.

The total is likely to exceed £500,000 – roughly the same amount that forced Vics to sell the Drill Field and move out of town six years ago.

News of the winding up order became public knowledge on Friday, when Mr Connett was on holiday in Majorca.

He is now home and the Chronicle has tried to contact him several times, but he has not returned our calls.

The Vics Supporters Trust, aware of the mounting crisis, had been trying all week to work out a rescue package.

‘But we now see the situation as hopeless,’ said chairman Peter Grimes.

Vics home fixture against Exeter City on Saturday is likely to be the last game.

The Trust are now planning for a launch of a new Northwich Victoria next season.

Vics can be saved only if Mr Connett settles his tax bill, or reaches another agreement with the Inland Revenue or if a buyer for the club suddenly came forward.

Only last week Mr Connett admitted he was trying to sell the club, but a buyer would get only the Vics name – the club has no assets.

The ground and the nine-acre site at Wincham are all owned by Beaconet, another of Mr Connett’s companies. He bought the land for £250,000.

Only 10 days ago Northwich Vics were ordered by the Manchester County Court to pay Holmes Chapel company, Hodgkinson’s £56,000 ‘forthwith’. The Chronicle understands the money has not been paid.

The Supporters Trust have an open meeting to discuss the situation at the Floatel on Thursday (8pm).
http://iccheshireonline.icnetwork.c...objectid=19922839&siteid=50020-name_page.html

Local rag yesterday...

Vics’ amazing rescueOct 11 2007

by John Buckley, Mid Cheshire Chronicle

NORTHWICH Vics are on the verge of a dramatic rescue.

A group of five Manchester businessmen are set to take over the club, before it is wound-up in court next Wednesday.

The shock announcement was made at the end of Thursday’s Supporters’ Trust meeting which had discussed at length the collapse of Mike Connett’s Northwich Victoria (2004) and the launch of a new club for next season.

Then leisure businessman Jim Rushe was introduced to the audience of about 60 supporters and he announced his group had shaken hands on a deal with Connett and were negotiating with the Inland Revenue, who are owed £350,000.

He said: ‘We are not millionaires, just small business people who want to put something back into football. We have reached agreement with Mr Connett to save Northwich Victoria as it is now.

Mr Connett will be our landlord and we are looking for a (possible) 25 year lease at the Victoria Stadium.

‘We fully expect to put a package together and there will be a place on the board for a Trust member. The whole thing will be run transparently.

‘We are not going to run away, if we do it will be with an expensive loss.

‘All of us were involved in Woodley Sports and we have had the package for 18 months and looking for a club to invest in. We did not expect it to be at national level, more North West Counties.

‘It meant we had to find more money, but it is all from football people.’

Rushe later added: ‘It only dropped in our lap eight days ago and we are not in it to make money. Investing in football is financial suicide. We are football people and want to be involved. If Mr Connett sticks to what he has said we have a deal.’

The group expect former Woodley chairman Ian Campbell to chair the club and are using a Bury company to negotiate with the Inland Revenue, with a CVA - in which creditors only receive a portion of what they are owed - a possibility.

That would mean a 10 point deduction for Vics, who are bottom with only two points.

If the Inland Revenue simply wound the company up they and other creditors would receive nothing.

He also admitted the club’s age bill of £8,000 a week would have to be cut at some point.

http://iccheshireonline.icnetwork.c...objectid=19941355&siteid=50020-name_page.html

....its never over until the rather large lady sings :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Remember, never forget, never forgive

thegallery_bha2.jpg

Remember, never forget, never forgive

thegallery_bha2.jpg

feelings,
nothing more than feelings,
trying to forget my feelings of love,
tear drops rolling down on my face
trying to forget my feelings of love,

*feelings, for my life,i have feelings
i wish i've never met you girl