Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Northwich fans on Saturday's game

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Asking themselves why they couldn't wear their home kit on Saturday, one replied...

I couldn't tell you about their kit James, they were just a blur, especially the forwards. All in all we were beaten by a very good side, who are in form at the moment and playing in green would not have helped.

Classic. :lolol:

On their day out...

Ouch! Absolutely gutted. Had an overall good day-out though. Highlights had to be the 'pretty vacant' Fleetwood fan @ motorway services and the Harvey's Best Bitter. Oh, and having not expected much ground-wise (and they were right, the view was twice removed), really found the surroundings quite 'spiffing' - v autumnal and leafy.

Not generally into 'back-slapping' between sets of fans, but it was uplifting on this occasion given that it was a fair game and that we were mixing with Brighton's family stand lot. Was amused by Vics fans after the match complaining that the Seagulls had been 'jammy'. Even though I still ache about the score-line and will face massive stick at work tomorrow, the better side won and entertained their own fans to the full.

I am glad I was not the only one to think the best part of vics day out was the fans. OK, the team never gave up trying to score and to their credit kept dragging themselves off the floor, only to get knocked down again - not sure why Brighton felt the need to go on scoring but at least we can say they didnt ease up.

But I have never felt prouder of the vics fans, starting from the impeccable minute's silence, to the black humour, to the lack of abuse, to the unflinching support, to the 'Always Look on the Bright Side of Life' as we left. Seems the Brighton fans picked up on it too.

Hats of the the travellers though - it was a privilege to be a part of the green and white army yesterday...

Fair play to them. If NVFC Chubby is on the board and reading this, I'd just like to say sorry about that, but we don't actually do that every week, you know. Please don't take it personally.

:)

Last edited:

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
Yeah i thought it was a little unfair on the Vics that we kept trying or 90 minutes,

good job theer wasnt much injury time- think we would hav made double figures!

:wave: :wave:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
It was a f***ing shit header though.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I have to say the Northwich fans were the best lot we've had down here all season. To keep singing when you're getting beaten that badly is superb. What would we have done if we were losing 8-0 - embaressed silence or full on riot?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Guinness Boy said:
I have to say the Northwich fans were the best lot we've had down here all season. To keep singing when you're getting beaten that badly is superb. What would we have done if we were losing 8-0 - embaressed silence or full on riot?
Depends who we were playing, but probably headed for the exit in a hurried and disgruntled. Which is what a lot of Brighton fans did - while we were 8-0 UP.

Hang on, let me think about that again.

Last edited:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Guinness Boy said:
Agreed, they were the best away fans for ages at the 'dean. Good'n'loud. Listen'n'learn.

gwpdylan

Jul 26, 2006
was in north stand when we were hammered 2-8 by bristol rovers and we took it real well! mugged the bastards at the greyhound stadium!

Perry's Tracksuit Bottoms

King of Sussex
Oct 3, 2003
Lost
Being hammered (especially away) can be fun (???)... inspiring a kind of 'in it together' attitude from the fans. I have fond memories of one of our 4-0 drubbings at Brentford. Would rather see us win though, obviously.

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
Perry's Tracksuit Bottoms said:
Being hammered (especially away) can be fun (???)... inspiring a kind of 'in it together' attitude from the fans. I have fond memories of one of our 4-0 drubbings at Brentford. Would rather see us win though, obviously.

Stoke at home

Roooooooooney:bowdown:

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Perry's Tracksuit Bottoms said:
I have fond memories of one of our 4-0 drubbings at Brentford.

Me, too. It's where I re-met The Grub after many years, and now I live with her. :blush:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
The Large One said:
Depends who we were playing, but probably headed for the exit in a hurried and disgruntled. Which is what a lot of Brighton fans did - while we were 8-0 UP.

Hang on, let me think about that again.

There was a mini-herd leaving when we were 6-0 up - what was that all about ?

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Same old story with early leavers. If you have something more important to do & somewhere more important to be, then f*** off! In fact, don't f***ing come at all.

I'd like it if just once people would stay right till the end & maybe even hang around for an extra couple of minutes to clap the team off. Especially if a bunch of talented youngsters have played a blinder & say, scored 8 f***ing GOALS!

The team must wonder what the f*** they have to do for some recognition from the HOME supporters.

(Obviously not everyone!)

ChubbyNVFC

Oct 29, 2006
Hi guys, sorry I've not been on to reply. I started a new job on Monday so my minds been all over the place. What can I say, best counter attacking side I've ever seen us play against. Hang on to Cox if you can till the end of the season, he may take you back up.
We stayed the night and what a night. For a simple northern lad who's a few pounds lighter than Peter Kaye and a few years older than same, I couldn't believe my luck at being propersitioned by a girl of 22 who "fell in love with my sexy northern accent", I think she was well pissed but it made my night.
As a very happily married man with two sprogs, it took all my self control to turn her down, (and two mates to hold me back!)
Fantastic city and I will be coming back on holiday sometime in the future, thanks Brighton and hope to play you again on a more even footing sometime. See you again.:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
ChubbyNVFC said:
Hi guys, sorry I've not been on to reply. I started a new job on Monday so my minds been all over the place. What can I say, best counter attacking side I've ever seen us play against. Hang on to Cox if you can till the end of the season, he may take you back up.
We stayed the night and what a night. For a simple northern lad who's a few pounds lighter than Peter Kaye and a few years older than same, I couldn't believe my luck at being propersitioned by a girl of 22 who "fell in love with my sexy northern accent", I think she was well pissed but it made my night.
As a very happily married man with two sprogs, it took all my self control to turn her down, (and two mates to hold me back!)
Fantastic city and I will be coming back on holiday sometime in the future, thanks Brighton and hope to play you again on a more even footing sometime. See you again.:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
:thumbsup:

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
The Large One said:
Asking themselves why they couldn't wear their home kit on Saturday, one replied...

I couldn't tell you about their kit James, they were just a blur, especially the forwards. All in all we were beaten by a very good side, who are in form at the moment and playing in green would not have helped.

Classic. :lolol:

On their day out...

Ouch! Absolutely gutted. Had an overall good day-out though. Highlights had to be the 'pretty vacant' Fleetwood fan @ motorway services and the Harvey's Best Bitter. Oh, and having not expected much ground-wise (and they were right, the view was twice removed), really found the surroundings quite 'spiffing' - v autumnal and leafy.

Not generally into 'back-slapping' between sets of fans, but it was uplifting on this occasion given that it was a fair game and that we were mixing with Brighton's family stand lot. Was amused by Vics fans after the match complaining that the Seagulls had been 'jammy'. Even though I still ache about the score-line and will face massive stick at work tomorrow, the better side won and entertained their own fans to the full.

I am glad I was not the only one to think the best part of vics day out was the fans. OK, the team never gave up trying to score and to their credit kept dragging themselves off the floor, only to get knocked down again - not sure why Brighton felt the need to go on scoring but at least we can say they didnt ease up.

But I have never felt prouder of the vics fans, starting from the impeccable minute's silence, to the black humour, to the lack of abuse, to the unflinching support, to the 'Always Look on the Bright Side of Life' as we left. Seems the Brighton fans picked up on it too.

Hats of the the travellers though - it was a privilege to be a part of the green and white army yesterday...

Fair play to them. If NVFC Chubby is on the board and reading this, I'd just like to say sorry about that, but we don't actually do that every week, you know. Please don't take it personally.

:)

:lolol: :bowdown: :lolol:

f***ing quality...laughing at that out loud!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here