Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Northamptonshire v Sussex Math thread

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Who are the seven? There's a good quiz question. Freddie Brown? David Sales? Mal Loye? Mike Hussey? Hussey deffo did, he scored a couple for them

EDIT: Alan Lamb must be there but I'm lost on the others

Pretty sure Rob Bailey did.....Fordham, Feltham back in the day. They had a good team in the late 80s/ early 90s

happygull

Dec 28, 2011
:clap2:my turn I guess

Two batsman each on 94 runs. Seven runs needed to win in last 3 balls. Both make 100*. How?

First batsman hits a 6, then off the second last ball tries for another 6 but gets caught, however the batsman have crossed so off the last ball the second batsman hits a 6

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I'm guessing it must be about one hitting a six so making a 100 then he gets out (say caught - can you be run out and cross) but they cross as mentioned then the other batsman hits a six on the last ball - hence three deliverys - this must have happened somewhere esp in 20 20

Opps read the thread as Happygull has already answered the question

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Rain still keeping us from getting close to assessing our battling line up. Still Machan was injured day one with a blow to the head so hopefully allowing him to see straight before facing a ball in anger,

Inspection at 11.30

Who remembers when county cricket was played in the summer...

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
From the BBC website

'Prospects of play slim'
Northants 481-7 v Sussex
Posted at
11:27
BBC Sussex's Adrian Harms at Wantage Road:

"Further inspection at 11.30, prospects of any play before lunch look slim."

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I know it has its own thread but sad to see James Taylor having to retire - what a fantastic streaky innings he made against the Aussies in his only ever game as a Sussex Cricketer, sad loss to the game but may not miss watching him pile up runs against us.

Attachments

• James Taylor 11.jpg
    James Taylor 11.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 75

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Northants 481-7 (135 overs) Duckett 282*

Abandoned as a draw.

Northants took nine points from their opening Championship fixture of 2016, with Sussex claiming six.

Great advert for professional cricket.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
They really do start cricket too early now. Would make more sense to run May to late September.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
They really do start cricket too early now. Would make more sense to run May to late September.

Never going to happen with T20 about. What a shame, a few years away from retirement and my favourite pastime of watching County Cricket will pretty well be gone. Well done ECB and tw*ts like Michael Vaughan banging on about Franchise Cricket. I live in Sussex, not a bloody Franchise! :angry:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here