Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

North Stand Unreserved Seating

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
Can I just ask how many of you that are commenting sit in the north. Seems to me that if the club are serious, then they surely need to engage with people who actually sit in the North. How many of you who sit it the north would be prepared to give up their seat?

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
Don't really mind what they do in the north stand as it's not my area, but reckon it's a poor decision in principle, and a dangerous precedent, to force people ( who don't want to ) to move their seats.

I agree I would love to know how many of these people who want unreserved seating, actually sit in the North.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Tough if you like your seat.

Excuse me?

It's not just the seat anyway though, is it? It's about having gotten to know the people around you for the 3 1/2 years. I know plenty of people at the Amex can't stand some of the people around them, but actually our group get on very well. We don't know each other outside football, so you're suggesting that a group of about 15 people have to all, without exception, make it early to the Amex (including those that travel from Somerset) otherwise we can no longer sit together, despite paying to do so since the Amex opened?

I'm not going to completely flounce and suggest I'd give up my season ticket - I'll be buying that whatever - but there would be a lot of fans who would be genuinely upset by this, and let's not pretend that absolutely no-one would give it up.

Is it worth upsetting that many season ticket holders? Tough one for the club to decide...

I agree I would love to know how many of these people who want unreserved seating, actually sit in the North.
I do. And my main reason for being prepared to have to move my seat is that I would prefer to be in a stand which is rocking with the noise of fans singing. The current set-up isn't working, because singers are split up into separate groups who can't hear each other.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I do. And my main reason for being prepared to have to move my seat is that I would prefer to be in a stand which is rocking with the noise of fans singing. The current set-up isn't working, because singers are split up into separate groups who can't hear each other.

The singers split themselves up because of the officious stewarding in the first season.

Feb 14, 2010
Go on then where do you sit.

I'm not giving up my place I like where I stand and the people around me.

You will if you are told to because you didnt speand 100 million paying for it. The ground was not built just for your benefit. The ground is big enough for 1901 corporate through to unreserved seating. The lower east shoukd be safe standing

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
In the north east and not moving for no one, but do join in most of the chants but let's get real here its the team performance that get the crowd going,

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings

That's nothing to do with it, you will not change the singing groups within the north, the police box crew have not succeeded in getting their songs spread because some of the north will not sing their songs and vice versa, I like a lot of people sit with a group and would not be in favour of unreserved seating. I would think if the club canvassed the STHs in the north, it would be a no

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
People at the back of the North stand loosely wherever anyway and in some rows there are more standing than there are seats in that row.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Reckon that unreserved seating in the North will result in many packing in the ST. I mean, why bother with it anymore?
That's a very good consideration. No point really if you cannot sit with friends and family for every game.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
I would hope the club would consult with the north stand STHs before any changes and I would be very surprised if they had a majority agreement, as has been said on here, family and friends sit in groups and would not want a free for all. Would not make a difference to the atmosphere or the sale of food and drink as people will not want to leave their seat.

reigate

Nov 10, 2005
For me part of the reason for having a season ticket is the guarantee of sitting with mate's. Without this I would be more likely to just pick and choose games. And if I'm honest I doubt I would pay over £30 on a match by match basis very often.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
It's almost as if the meeting between the club and the North and South-west stand season ticket holders never took place.

Maybe those of you who are in these areas and are interested might like to contribute next time even if you can't attend.

My offer to take PMs with ideas/suggestions/submissions still stands and I'm hopeful that some dialogue following on from the first meeting will take place soon, between the affected areas and the club. It's time to move forward and it's time for everyone to be flexible for the sake of the atmosphere and the team's performance that (so we are regularly informed) is affected by it.

With all due respect to all other areas of the ground, there's only one thing you can do to positively help us all... open your gob and start singing, or at least clap along for a while. :clap:

virtual22

Nov 30, 2010
Why not have a section as a free for all and a section allocated, maybe nearer the front where people generally want to sit down as well?

We are at the front of the North as we go with kids and they can't see when people stand. I think non allocated is quite a good idea, however attendances at the moment mean you can move as there's loads of spare seats.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Let's do it

Encourage people to get in earlier, singers can get together more. You can take mates, who can then sit with you. Might create a bit more noise

Surely the best place to do this would be in the South/ South West?

Less STH in that area, therefore less people that need to move seats to accommodate the singers, near the away fans to get an atmosphere going.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Don't really mind what they do in the north stand as it's not my area, but reckon it's a poor decision in principle, and a dangerous precedent, to force people ( who don't want to ) to move their seats.

Already been done at the Amex. Some people in the East Stand Lower (South End) were asked/forced in some cases to vacate their seats. Although they had a decent option of first choice in the East Stand Upper as it had just been completed.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
The singers split themselves up because of the officious stewarding in the first season.

Yes, there was SOME officious stewarding in the first season, but our group is still in the same place (behind the goal, slightly to left), and we still sing. We'd all love to be in a stand that's rocking and together, and unreserved sounds like one way to try getting it, but yes plenty of us have got to know our fellow fans in seats nearby and not everyone will be prepared to sacrifice that friendly part of the Amex experience for the sake of a better atmosphere. Could end up with a lot of disgruntled people.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here