Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

North stand looking twee

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
The signs outside on the Falmer Road say it is open Sat and Sun. Strange choice of weekend to have a tool fair with Wimbledon and the Grand Prix on the same day.......won't sell many tools!!!

Maybe they considered that the type of people that go to tool fairs, not all but probably most, aren't the sort to enjoy the tennis or any other sport. Don't take offence if you are a tool fan, I'm just generalising!!!

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
... the shop which was heaving.

I love hearing stuff like this. Such a buzz about the club. I have no idea if other clubs shops would have been heaving though, it might be normal but I like to think not.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I love hearing stuff like this. Such a buzz about the club. I have no idea if other clubs shops would have been heaving though, it might be normal but I like to think not.

I went in there a few weeks ago on a regular Saturday (no tool show!) and was surprised how busy it was.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Talking of tools, and by way of binding this thread together a bit, sounds like there's a bit of penis envy going on from some of you north stand boys - after all the west stand is really so much bigger and the bell-end (WSU) is even louder than you!

I'm not sure about that fella. I was in ESL last season and all I could hear was the North. Certainly didn't hear the East! Hopefully it'll be louder in my new ESU digs!

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Does anyone know if the plans to light up the roof arches is still being planned at some point??

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Sitting in the WSU it's not really a problem, but one of the things that made some away fans slag off the stadium (aside from losing) is how tiny the north stand looks from the other end. It looks about an inch high.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Ok someone has to do it....:needpics: Can anyone take a camera????

Edit; to show buiding work!

attachment

I went yesterday and sat in the WSL supping a can of Coke, here's the view. I have no interest in tools by the way.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
They should paint out the back wall of the north stand(and the floor of the north corners until they are filled in next summer) in blue to make it look bigger

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
IMAG0295.jpg

Oops, sorry [MENTION=4368]*Gullsworth*[/MENTION]

That better ?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
IMAG0296.jpg

Here's the south / southwest corner. And a little bit of my thumb, yesterday.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Thanks Easy. To me the gaps either end of the East Stand are not an issue now. The stand looks so much better and finished with an upper tier. I like the fact our ground has different characteristics!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here