Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

North Stand last night

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I'm not sure why some people on here think your a "plastic" if you decide to leave early! I left early against Palace as I thought our performance was embarrassing and didn't want to be near the scum as they gloated over their triumph against us. I do not want to watch my team when I think they are not giving it 100% it ****s me off and I find it totally disrespectful to the supporters who pay good money that pays their wages.

Totally agree with you here Brighton1, this was the only game where I left early last season ,loads did the same and I didn't hear any abuse, but I am in the WSU and most of the fans that sit in the same section are decent.
someone I know told me some old git was having a major rant at fans leaving early in another section at the same match.

chinners

Aug 27, 2009
Brighton
Personally will never leave a game early I've come to support my team though thick and thin I can understand why people leave but would never do it myself even if we were 10 nil down

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
There weren't many closer than I was to this situation. Personally I didn't leave early and have only done so once before - we were 3-0 down at home to Oxford in about 91 I think. The guy was irate because he was called a plastic - him and about 4 or 5 others. I know of him and can vouch for his Albion credentials having seen him many times on the London - Hastings train. It was quite amusing how mad he was getting but I could totally see his point. The stewards didn't handle it that well and I had a little conversation with them myself and I noticed that they made a note of my seat number - this though was totally pointless seeing I'd sat elsewhere the rest of the match and was only sitting there because I couldn't be bothered to walk any further. Back to my normal seat for the weekend in a different stand and won't miss the North Stand.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
There is a cowardly element to our support. When we're losing, they're running.

Stuff them, I say. Let them leave and flounce off. I don't care. Stay to the bitter end, and take it like a man.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Sorry I just don't know how else to describe the people sitting behind me. I really have no idea why they decided to go, given that 22,000 of our "hardcore" decided to swerve this one. They stayed almost to the end of extra time and I am sure it was an education, given the interesting discussion about the length of a half and the fact the young lady admitted she had seen enough after 30 minutes. Her companion for the evening was an armchair Liverpool fan I think, but as he confidently told her LuaLua used to play for Portsmouth, I could be wrong on that count.

Besides I wouldn't have thought football tourist was a particularly derogatory term. If it had been a couple of Wrexham fans, who just thought they would get a game in whilst on holiday, I would probably have bought them a beer at half time. As it was I doubt we managed to make any new fans over the age of 8 after Tuesday night's performance.

LuaLua did play for Pompey but it was his older brother Lomana.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
There is a cowardly element to our support. When we're losing, they're running.

Stuff them, I say. Let them leave and flounce off. I don't care. Stay to the bitter end, and take it like a man.

sorry but the Palace play off was too much to take nothing to do with being a coward.
sometimes I can full on lose the plot and this could have happened that night, I am glad I walked away.

As I said this was one game

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
I have left early in some games...makes me a bad fan....after 55 years of watching Albion...at least those ,myself included went to the game. Did think the Northstand looked barren and quiet......."Never seen the fans so quiet...lady in ...."

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I have left early in some games...makes me a bad fan....after 55 years of watching Albion...at least those ,myself included went to the game. Did think the Northstand looked barren and quiet......."Never seen the fans so quiet...lady in ...."

No not a bad fan at all, as you say at least you went to the game and paid your money:thumbsup:

Breesy1

Mar 14, 2013
London/Hove
Possibly a mate of mine that is being spoken about although I know there were a few incidenes. I came back from the pisser so don't know how it startes properly but quickly got the idea. And mate gets frustrated with that easily. Right or wrong it was a frustrating evening for all.

No bans, no afters, stewards spoke had a chat to all of us, dealt with very well. I personally think that if people want to leave early with the trains we have to negotiate etc then fair dos. But i also get how it can be annoying to see people flock out at the first sign of trouble. What chance have you got for a comeback when the boys see everyone legging it...

The plastics chat is a load of arse. We had 8k there!! First competitive game. Flat atmosphere. More at bloody Norwich.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here