North Stand judgement

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jolene81

Jan 28, 2014
Worthing
Don't worry about Simmo Says, he is just a bitter twa*! No wonder it's a struggle to generate an atmosphere in the north with boring whingers like him!! Glad I don't sit near him! :tosser:

He doesn't worry me, I'm used to dealing with miserable *******s. There are quite a few of them near where I sit

Dolly Parton fan? :whistle:

Not really, unfortunately my mother was

MattyC

May 12, 2013
He doesn't worry me, I'm used to dealing with miserable *******s. There are quite a few of them near where I sit
Not really, unfortunately my mother was

Come and join us then! No whingers where we are! Just a group of lads who enjoy a beer before and after the game, never heard any one whinge or moan! Sometimes I forget we are losing lol

Jolene81

Jan 28, 2014
Worthing
Come and join us then! No whingers where we are! Just a group of lads who enjoy a beer before and after the game, never heard any one whinge or moan! Sometimes I forget we are losing lol

Might just do that, been thinking about moving over there anyway

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
There's no rivalry between anyone in the north stand, other than that created by people such as the OP who constantly whinge about the singing. As has been said in this thread, there's no problem with the Police Box crew at away games - check out the atmosphere at Fulham tonight - because the away fans are pretty much packed in together. But the acoustics in the Amex north stand are very poor. It takes far too long for sound to filter across the stand. By the time a song reaches the Police Box from the other side, the PB has started its own song and vice versa. Nothing more than that. Until ALL the singers can sit together we're always going to have false comments and accusations like this. We need more noise at the Amex, and slagging off people who do sing is not going to help matters.

MattyC

May 12, 2013
Might just do that, been thinking about moving over there anyway

Nice one! Despite what some bitter tw**s say on here we are just a group of lads who want to make home atmosphere like away days and have a laugh! Not too sure why people take such umbrage to what goes on up there. If you do want to move we are always in the concourse before and after the game, come and find us for a chat!:clap2:

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
Nice one! Despite what some bitter tw**s say on here we are just a group of lads who want to make home atmosphere like away days and have a laugh! Not too sure why people take such umbrage to what goes on up there. If you do want to move we are always in the concourse before and after the game, come and find us for a chat!:clap2:

I am not getting at you, and you lot do keep the singing up. But why is it not moving across the North, are the people just outside your group not singing? I am behind the goal in E zone, it seems to me that to the right of me there is zone D which seems to not sing what you are singing, then we have a group on our left who try and start and we are somewhat stuck in the middle.

Jolene81

Jan 28, 2014
Worthing
I am not getting at you, and you lot do keep the singing up. But why is it not moving across the North, are the people just outside your group not singing? I am behind the goal in E zone, it seems to me that to the right of me there is zone D which seems to not sing what you are singing, then we have a group on our left who try and start and we are somewhat stuck in the middle.

I'm in D and for me it tends to be joining in with song I can hear the clearest lol
It can be frustrating for us in the middle not having unity in the singing between each side of the NS. Especially when both sides are singing the same song out but out of time. People used to sing where I sit when I first moved there, they very rarely do now, they just whinge.
I prefer to be proactive & just move to a singing area, rather than moan

MattyC

May 12, 2013

I would say a lot of sound gets trapped under that police box, its some times like being in a tunnel with the sound bouncing up and down. Sometimes it is a struggle to hear what's coming across from the other side or there is a lot going on at once. Maybe one day we will all get moved into the middle but till that happens somehow we need to work out how to sync the different blocks in the north together, any ideas?

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
Well the club asked people to attend the meeting, did a cross section of the North go? I just can not see a lot of people moving. Maybe the way forward is to form a group/ think tank of fans that want to create the noise /atmosphere and for them to formulate a way forward with the club. But again a lot of people sit in the north do not sing and would not move.

MattyC

May 12, 2013
Well the club asked people to attend the meeting, did a cross section of the North go? I just can not see a lot of people moving. Maybe the way forward is to form a group/ think tank of fans that want to create the noise /atmosphere and for them to formulate a way forward with the club. But again a lot of people sit in the north do not sing and would not move.

I like the idea of a think tank, fans that want to put ideas forward without being ripped apart by childish banter. The Judge is a good bloke and some people on this site try to muddy his name and to be honest there is no need for it! We are all Brighton fans there is just a select few that want to stir the pot!

Maybe it's worth a few of us from different blocks in the north meeting up for a drink so we can try and sort out getting some songs in sync etc and any other issues?

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
The atmosphere tonight was bloody great - because there was a mix of anti-Palace songs and songs that everybody knew

Contrast that to a home game where the police box area try and sing an absolute barrage of bollocks which nobody understands or wants to join in with. If they stuck to proper Brighton songs then the Amex atmosphere could be good, as tonight proved. I could just imagine them all crying when "Hark now hear" went up and 3,000 joined in compared to 10 people getting involved with some wanky little effort the Judge started

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I'm in D and for me it tends to be joining in with song I can hear the clearest lol
It can be frustrating for us in the middle not having unity in the singing between each side of the NS. Especially when both sides are singing the same song out but out of time. People used to sing where I sit when I first moved there, they very rarely do now, they just whinge.
I prefer to be proactive & just move to a singing area, rather than moan

Yep, an awful lot of whinging, and rubber knecking.

MattyC

May 12, 2013
The atmosphere tonight was bloody great - because there was a mix of anti-Palace songs and songs that everybody knew

Contrast that to a home game where the police box area try and sing an absolute barrage of bollocks which nobody understands or wants to join in with. If they stuck to proper Brighton songs then the Amex atmosphere could be good, as tonight proved. I could just imagine them all crying when "Hark now hear" went up and 3,000 joined in compared to 10 people getting involved with some wanky little effort the Judge started
lol well done mate you just proved my point no need for your negative post

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
lol well done mate you just proved my point no need for your negative post
There will be a need for such "negative" posts all the time the Police Box Clowns persist with self indulgent bollocks like Yankee Doodle Dandy and Here Kitty Kitty...

Jolene81

Jan 28, 2014
Worthing

I just what to be sure I understand you.
So no new songs? It's only worth singing if it's a traditional 'Brighton' song? The PBC are in the wrong because they are trying to add some variety to the song choices?

While I'm not saying that all the songs/chants that are coming from the PBC are amazing, because let's be honest some are pretty dire, at least they are trying!! I'd be interested to see your contribution to a song sheet!
There is nothing wrong with adding new stuff to sing, maybe the people stuck in the past should try making the effort to learn what is being sung or help amend songs, instead of just expecting everyone to tow the line.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
There is nothing wrong with adding new stuff to sing, maybe the people stuck in the past should try making the effort to learn what is being sung or help amend songs, instead of just expecting everyone to tow the line.
Obviously there is nothing fundamentally "wrong" about persisting with new songs that no-one knows or wants to join in with.

It is just that if you want to enjoy singing Brighton songs in a noisy atmosphere it doesn't work very well.

Jolene81

Jan 28, 2014
Worthing
Obviously there is nothing fundamentally "wrong" about persisting with new songs that no-one knows or wants to join in with.

It is just that if you want to enjoy singing Brighton songs in a noisy atmosphere it doesn't work very well.

Except you don't speak for everyone do you? While there are people who don't want to, I'm sure there are plenty of people who would like to learn and sing some different, newer songs. I think the issue is more with the people that are creating and singing the songs than with the actual songs! However maybe if you believe they are such an embarrassment, then as I said maybe you could look at contributing something to the song list

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
There were some old ones and some new ones sung tonight, i joined in with them all.......i'm a member of the Ambulance Crew i suppose.
Agreed. Like most people in the stand I joined in with everything I heard (apart from Yankee Doodle)...

My favourites were "Hark Now Hear the Brighton Sing!" and "Solly. Solly March".

Jolene81

Jan 28, 2014
Worthing
There were some old ones and some new ones sung tonight, i joined in with them all.......i'm a member of the Ambulance Crew i suppose.

I too am happy to sing along with old and new, if it helps the atmosphere as a whole then I'm game! The only two that I ever think :facepalm: when I hear them is the 'Rohan Ince' & 'Solly March' chants lol

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports