Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

North Stand judgement

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
They make an effort to make a noise, which is commendable.

Just a Shame their songs are so crap, and that they don't join in with the rest of the north stand.

Do they actually know the words to GOSBTS as I've never heard them sing it?

I like the repetitive nature of "BHAFC, blue and white army..." but the one that starts with that slow chant of "Brighton, Brighton..." is complete gash.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
It must be nice to be so bloody perfect and so entirely unable to encourage others to try their hardest.

It's a pity that until we can get the club to change a few things there will be segregation between those who want to sing their hardest. Until then, we (and I include myself as a recent resident under the Police box) will continue to have a good time and do our best. Until you decide to add a positive contribution to the efforts that others can make, I will remain disappointed that an air of superiority for your NOT singing is all that you can muster.

Give it a try, join in, make an effort, make a difference... do SOMETHING, but just having a whinge isn't productive, doesn't help and, maybe most importantly of all, absolutely will not stop us.

It's a pity you feel so negative towards a number of fans who are at least trying to help the atmosphere.

Been going since the very early seventies mate----when I hear bollocks see bollocks then generally it is bollocks:)

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
I like the repetitive nature of "BHAFC, blue and white army..." but the one that starts with that slow chant of "Brighton, Brighton..." is complete gash.

Hehe i think its to tony blooms blue and white army
The other appears to be and i could be wrong of the celtic chant.

MattyC

May 12, 2013
For f**k sake mate stop moaning! This subject is getting so boring! How dare a group of our fans try and create an atmosphere?! People can sing what they want, who are you to say what they can or can't sing? Love to hear any ideas for good songs from you, if not what's the point of your thread?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
For f**k sake mate stop moaning! This subject is getting so boring! How dare a group of our fans try and create an atmosphere?! People can sing what they want, who are you to say what they can or can't sing? Love to hear any ideas for good songs from you, if not what's the point of your thread?

easy tiger..its only an old codger :D

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
It must be nice to be so bloody perfect and so entirely unable to encourage others to try their hardest.

It's a pity that until we can get the club to change a few things there will be segregation between those who want to sing their hardest. Until then, we (and I include myself as a recent resident under the Police box) will continue to have a good time and do our best. Until you decide to add a positive contribution to the efforts that others can make, I will remain disappointed that an air of superiority for your NOT singing is all that you can muster.

Give it a try, join in, make an effort, make a difference... do SOMETHING, but just having a whinge isn't productive, doesn't help and, maybe most importantly of all, absolutely will not stop us.

It's a pity you feel so negative towards a number of fans who are at least trying to help the atmosphere.

As i said before any effort to make a noise is commendable.

But to answer my question, do you all actually know the words to the one song that is unique to our club?

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado

And you sit on the judges lap then:moo:

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
I personally think fans shouldn't be allowed their own individual opinions we should all have one shared thought and as for singing it should be band! I have paid for a ticket and want to watch it in the peice and quite as I eat my splendid pie amd sip bovril football is just a game and we need to be nice and never show over exaggerated emotion, these loud mouthe hoooligans who shout things like "lino, he was off side!" Cleqrly dont appreciate what a difficult job it is.
So in summary football should be even more sterile thqn it has become, being a customer at football should be just like being a customer at the ballet but with more sponsors and things to buy

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
As someone who has sat with, joined in with, and observed from varying distances, I will pass comment on the Police Box Crew today.

From the WSU they were the most consistently heard fans in the ground, they seemed to refuse to join in any song from the central North Stand, they were of no benefit to the overall atmosphere as their constant drone dissuaded others from starting more readily known songs.

And there is the crux. Please do keep singing, but sing songs that EVERYBODY else knows, and join in with others.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
As someone who has sat with, joined in with, and observed from varying distances, I will pass comment on the Police Box Crew today.

From the WSU they were the most consistently heard fans in the ground, they seemed to refuse to join in any song from the central North Stand, they were of no benefit to the overall atmosphere as their constant drone dissuaded others from starting more readily known songs.

And there is the crux. Please do keep singing, but sing songs that EVERYBODY else knows, and join in with others.

Spot on

penny's harmonica

Jan 30, 2012
Twenty minutes listening to the police box crew singing complete bollocks AGAIN was enough to send me back up to the mosh pit:ohmy: of the East Upper.

Are these fellas drugged up/pissed up or just deluded:moo:

God you sound OLD.
It's not for you and you moved away. Congratulations, you had an alternative seat to go to in the east upper. I'm sure the quiet gave you time to reflect how despicable some fans are who refuse to remain silent during a football match.
Can't see what you hope to gain by criticising other fans. Sometimes best to keep quiet, just not a football match.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Feck I thought I've lived in Bevendean for the last thirty years:eek:
Must tell the wife-----our council tax REBATE will pay for another holiday in Florida:cool:

Fark me Simmo, don't go getting ideas above your postcode area! I imagine if you put in a claim it'd probably be you who ended up paying arrears to the council.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
There I go what? I hear the judge regularly when there's only 200 or 300 of us at Leeds or Cardiff away, so I know what is sung.

I'll send you some ear plugs ---- it might help when at HOME.
Cardiff away-----they threw boulders at us from the back of their stand while we were still on the train.
Leeds away----lovely people :ohmy:
I haven't got a problem on the road--any noise is good noise.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here