Aug 7, 2003
Kim is such a cuddly chap, though.

kim-rodman-hug_2496688k.jpg

and he LOVES Dennis Rodman of the Harlem Globetrotters

dennis-rodman-and-kim-jong-un.jpg

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Yes, that's because it's a Japanese propaganda site. Are you genuinely that unaware about international affairs?

Here's the real version. KCNA

Oh you silly billy.

It's a North Korean news site owned and controlled by Pyongyang and the article I quoted is exactly the same as the one that appears on the official North Korean site on page 7 and titled: Rodong Sinmun Terms U.S., S. Korean Warmongers' War Maneuvers Reckless
and dated 5th March.

You are quite out of your depth here, aren't you?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
North Korea has as much chance of launching that type of attack as I do pulling Kelly Brook !

Last edited:

'A foreign ministry spokesman said: "Since the United States is about to ignite a nuclear war, we will be exercising our right to pre-emptive nuclear attack against the headquarters of the aggressor in order to protect our supreme interest." '

The Sun... :shrug:

I'd rather they launch an attack at the sun's HQ.

North Korea, aim here!

1 Virginia Street
Wapping, London
E98 1SN

Last edited:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
My mistake, it would help if I could get on the bloody site!

The reality is that you will have the likes of Reuters scouring the KCNA on a daily basis looking for quotes that they can sensationalise, regardless of its context. Other news groups all around the world follow suit and it leads to a successful propaganda campaign.

Anyone who has bothered to read the statement in full knows that NK isn't "vowing to nuke the US in pre-emptive strike" instead it explains in detail the recent US acts of aggression and is merely saying that if it continues it may have to exercise its right to strike first as a warning.

What do people really expect NK to do, bend over? Refrain from warning America that it is prepared to strike first?

Blimey. You're as slippery as an eel.

First you claim it's tabloid sensationalism so I point you to the same article in the official newspaper of a government that you praise and who calls itself a friend of Pyongyang.

Then you claim Pyongyang never said it. I point you to the Japanese arm of the NK media but you denounce the site as opposition propaganda - so presumably you initially agreed that it is a proocative and inflammatory piece (but apparently a work of fiction by NK's enemies) and when I show you the same article on the official site you then do a volte-face and claim it isn't aggressive.

Please stop digging.

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
Blimey. You're as slippery as an eel.

First you claim it's tabloid sensationalism so I point you to the same article in the official newspaper of a government that you praise and who calls itself a friend of Pyongyang.

Then you claim Pyongyang never said it. I point you to the Japanese arm of the NK media but you denounce the site as opposition propaganda - so presumably you initially agreed that it is a proocative and inflammatory piece (but apparently a work of fiction by NK's enemies) and when I show you the same article on the official site you then do a volte-face and claim it isn't aggressive.

Please stop digging.

Bang on pal, and he also says it is Reuters that are spreading western propoganda (WTF) and then pretty much ignores the fact that the BBC are running the story to (with the actual footage of the NK news reader saying as much).

Some of the most reputable news outlets in the world are running a pretty similar story, but he chooses to believe just the one he gets from the state run NK news agency (and yet no doubt in his mind WE are the stupid ones for not seeing the situation for what it actually is).

Janbha

Dec 5, 2008
Hove
Ile wait for the Westdene Seagull swoops to marry Kelly Brook headline in the Sun before i worry about it too much

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Any pre-emptive strike will be against American military bases rather than the US mainland. Diego Garcia and Guam are the most likely candidates to be nuked first.

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
Genuine question - why do you think all of the news reports are using the same single sentence quote (not even in full) out of the entire statement? Especially when considering it has been taken entirely out of context. I posted the full statement in full earlier in the thread for your reference. Is this not sensationalism?

What have all your other posts been non-genuine i.e this is one big fishing trip?

It is a news story. Is it not the media's role to give us the news? If not what is the point of the media?

All the media are doing is quoting what has come out of the mouth of a North Korean newsreader. Why in your mind is somehow the Western media to blame?

Here is a geniune question for you. Whose news stories do you believe give you, me and the rest of us the most balanced view of the news about North Korea, South Korea, the USA and to be honest any country in the World? The BBC or the North Korean equivalent?

Any pre-emptive strike will be against American military bases rather than the US mainland. Diego Garcia and Guam are the most likely candidates to be nuked first.
Diego Garcia is, of course, British.

One of the few remaining UK Overseas Territories, part of the British Indian Ocean Territory, or Chagos Islands.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I posted the full statement in full earlier in the thread for your reference. Is this not sensationalism?

No, the BBC has repeated the quote practically verbatim:

The spokesman for the DPRK Foreign Ministry states as follows upon authorization as regards the grim situation that was created on the Korean Peninsula seriously threatening the sovereignty of the country and its right to existence: First, now that the U.S. is set to light a fuse for a nuclear war, the revolutionary armed forces of the DPRK will exercise the right to a preemptive nuclear attack to destroy the strongholds of the aggressors and to defend the supreme interests of the country.

Taken from: Second Korean War Is Unavoidable: DPRK FM Spokesman (7th March)

Are you sure you don't want to stop digging?

Last edited:

I am really worried about this....

.....For anyone living immediately to the East of N. Korea, fishing in the China Sea or at the launch site.

Last edited:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Diego Garcia is, of course, British.

One of the few remaining UK Overseas Territories, part of the British Indian Ocean Territory, or Chagos Islands.
The Yanks have been using Diego Garcia as a military base since 1965 , the indigenous population was forcibly moved off the island to Mauritius. I think a small number of Diego Garcians have settled in Crawley after leaving Mauritius.

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
It is a lot like how sometimes football managers give a 20 minute press conference and one sentence is taken out of context and sensationalised - anyone who listened or read the raw interview knows how ridiculous the coverage is. I agree that it is news, but that does not mean it is unbiased. If you choose to blindly take biased reporting as gospel, that is your choice but it will mean that you have a blinkered view on world affairs.

According to our Western media - left wing South America is full of thieving tyrants, the Middle East is full of blood hungry religious fanatics, Africa is run by corrupt dictators- in fact we are lead to believe that the whole world is evil and has no interest in the welfare of its people like we do. Whether there is political influence in this biased reporting, or whether it's just sensationalism to sell papers, it occurs and a lot of people don't question the possibility that its incredibly biased in favour of our capitalist and democratic values.

Whose news stories do I believe? Well, North Korea isn't reporting any news - its foreign minister simply made a statement regarding the aggression of the US, but the Western media failed to report anything apart from half a sentence where it explains that it would be willing to exercise its right to a first strike if the aggression continues. Taken out of context and blown out of all proportion, I am amazed that people can't, or refuse to, see that.

So North Korea isn't reporting any news right....yet the link that the BBC gave goes to a NEWS READER in North Korea.

Your second paragraph I will just ignore (just as your first paragraph, I mean how do football managers get into this?) no-one on this thread has mentioned South America, Middle East, I mean talk about changing the subject.

I will repeat the very simple question I posted earlier....

Whose news stories do you believe give you, me and the rest of us the most balanced view of the news about North Korea, South Korea, the USA and to be honest any country in the World? The BBC or the North Korean equivalent?

It is a very simple question and I can give you my answer which is the BBC and yours is......

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Mustafa said
" its foreign minister simply made a statement regarding the aggression of the US, but the Western media failed to report anything apart from half a sentence where it explains that it would be willing to exercise its right to a first strike if the aggression continues. "

Spot on. N Korea has neither the means nor the stupidity to do it. Anyway, he loves the Harlem Globetrotters !

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Mustafa said

Spot on. N Korea has neither the means nor the stupidity to do it. Anyway, he loves the Harlem Globetrotters !

Have you seen the size of their latest inter-continental ballistic missile ? Its already been nicknamed the "Long Dong" :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here