Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

North Corwall / North Devon

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Good choice. And if you are coming all the way from Australia then its best to do it properly and you are certainly doing that by staying and eating at Rick Steins places. I have seen the accommodation and eaten at the restaurant it is very good.
Rick Stein has put Padstow well and truly on the map and this has led to many others opening great restaurants and accommodation and they have done very well out of it.
Fingers crossed that the weather is good. Enjoy.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Excellent tourist info, as there always is on NSC - unlike Trip Advisor where you can be thrown off track by a paranoid American.
Have been succumbed to the charms of Padstow & its surrounds.
Picturesque fishing harbour, some stunning walks & bike tracks, historic buildings and decent pubs close by - there's even a couple of challenging golf courses if time permits.
Have booked accommodation at a couple of Rick Stein's joints.
Two nights at St Petrocs and also a night staying at his Seafood Restaurant.
I didn't realise just quite how big his empire is - can certainly see why it's referred to as Padstein.
Four eateries and 6 Hotels / Guest Houses within the town, plus a farm and a pub just outside Padstow.
He's everywhere ! He's even got a boutique B & B with attached restaurant a few hours down the coast from Sydney.

A big thanks to all who contributed on this thread.

Rick also has a cookery school!
Can recommend The London Inn as a fine traditional no frills pub with a good selection of ales.
Have a great time!

The Maharajah of Sydney

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney .
Rick also has a cookery school!
Can recommend The London Inn as a fine traditional no frills pub with a good selection of ales.
Have a great time!

Looks lovely, both inside & out. Will definitely call in for a pint or 2.
Cheers for the heads-up.

thelondoninnpadstow.jpg

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Excellent tourist info, as there always is on NSC - unlike Trip Advisor where you can be thrown off track by a paranoid American.
Have been succumbed to the charms of Padstow & its surrounds.
Picturesque fishing harbour, some stunning walks & bike tracks, historic buildings and decent pubs close by - there's even a couple of challenging golf courses if time permits.
Have booked accommodation at a couple of Rick Stein's joints.
Two nights at St Petrocs and also a night staying at his Seafood Restaurant.
I didn't realise just quite how big his empire is - can certainly see why it's referred to as Padstein.
Four eateries and 6 Hotels / Guest Houses within the town, plus a farm and a pub just outside Padstow.
He's everywhere ! He's even got a boutique B & B with attached restaurant a few hours down the coast from Sydney.

A big thanks to all who contributed on this thread.

Paul Ainsworths two restaurants in Padstow are better in my view,.... No 6 and Rajanos

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here