Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

North corners

MACROBLUE

Jul 9, 2011
Anybody know if work has started on these yet, or does work on the South Stand have to finish first? Any pics if they have.

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
I think they have - last time we were there they had markings out on the concourse and there was a sign up saying that the work was about to commence and they were cracking on with during the week.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Anybody know if work has started on these yet, or does work on the South Stand have to finish first? Any pics if they have.

BHA Snappy posted a pic on twitter showing a start having been made in the North East corner It was of a giant concrete slab being lifted out where presumably they will put in concrete to support a vertical steel. So yes it appears they have started.

Twitter / BHASnappy: #extraseats The North East ...

This picture is subsequent to my earlier words.

Last edited:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Bit of a daft question but following all the Hillsborough stuff IF the worst was ever to happen would one of the corners have some sort of entrance to allow ambulances and stuff on the pitch?

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Just love the fact the club are going for it.amazing times.

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
They're keeping those - they need to get tractors etc on to work on the pitch aside from anything else. Plus all those lorries Muse will need for their gigs next summer (here's hoping!)

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Bit of a daft question but following all the Hillsborough stuff IF the worst was ever to happen would one of the corners have some sort of entrance to allow ambulances and stuff on the pitch?

Both the North corners will have vehicular access - it's needed for more mundane things such as tractors to re-lay the pitch etc :moo:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Excellent news , bit of a random question but was discussing it the other night with someone - can't remember the likes of the KP, St Marys and Pride Park for example having it.

spoonie

Apr 19, 2011
They're keeping those - they need to get tractors etc on to work on the pitch aside from anything else. Plus all those lorries Muse will need for their gigs next summer (here's hoping!)

Muse ??? I heard fat boy slim was reforming The Housemartins for a special one off gig at the Amex

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Just love the fact the club are going for it.amazing times.
While I agree, the fact that we're selling all these tickets does make me wonder if those that said we should have built with the option of extending to 40k had a point. Or do we just bunch all of the seats up?

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
While I agree, the fact that we're selling all these tickets does make me wonder if those that said we should have built with the option of extending to 40k had a point. Or do we just bunch all of the seats up?

I have thought this for a while, I'd have loved to have seen a 25,000 seater stadium that could have been expanded to 40,000 fairly easily

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I have thought this for a while, I'd have loved to have seen a 25,000 seater stadium that could have been expanded to 40,000 fairly easily
It would have been nice to have the option, just in case. But we're not a big city, I don't imagine there's an equivalent sized town with 40 thousand fans going, and making the stadium capable of taking more fans would have meant compromising how it is with 30k.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here