Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

North and South West ST holders meeting 18th December

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
A singing section,... its all we need to get the atmosphere ball rolling. An area where ticket buyers are told in advance "this is a singing section",...... hopefully then the atmosphere will cascade round the whole ground from that section or sections,..... I cant go, but somebody please propose this.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
A singing section,... its all we need to get the atmosphere ball rolling. An area where ticket buyers are told in advance "this is a singing section",...... hopefully then the atmosphere will cascade round the whole ground from that section or sections,..... I cant go, but somebody please propose this.

Agree with this, it's not that difficult really. It does help if the players put a shift in, taking the odd chance normally helps as well.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Having met Paul Beirne I have been well impressed by him and his thirst for a knowledge of our club's history. He has a lot of experience in Canada and an understaning of what sports clubs add to the community. I really think he, unlike many of the new additions to the club management, "gets it" and I hope that the fans invited to this debate will not take the p*ss but give him a chance to take on board some stuff that will benefit us all in the future.
He is new to the club, so don't blame him for what didn't happen previously.

Feb 14, 2010
Having met Paul Beirne I have been well impressed by him and his thirst for a knowledge of our club's history. He has a lot of experience in Canada and an understaning of what sports clubs add to the community. I really think he, unlike many of the new additions to the club management, "gets it" and I hope that the fans invited to this debate will not take the p*ss but give him a chance to take on board some stuff that will benefit us all in the future.
He is new to the club, so don't blame him for what didn't happen previously.

If he has a thirst for the clubs history then all he has to do is read a few books. Build a Bonfire and More than 90 Minutes two for starters. He copuld also meet some of the older fans who are in their 70's and 80's and who remember the club in the old Div 3 South days. He could also google Charlie Webb and the 1910 Charity Shield and watch the 1983 Cup final. He could do all that in a day and then he would have a chance to "get it". One question, why isn't Charlie Webb on the Legends Wall ?

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
As a STH who moved to the SW this season I was shocked at how many families with young kids are in that corner. As a dad myself with young kids (who don't go to games yet) I am VERY uncomfortable in singing anything controversial or swearing now in the area I'm in. I was not expecting this, I thought families were encouraged to be in the east.

I don't know the answer but this is the reason I'm nowhere near as vocal as I normally am this season. I'll be moving again for next season.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
If he has a thirst for the clubs history then all he has to do is read a few books. Build a Bonfire and More than 90 Minutes two for starters. He copuld also meet some of the older fans who are in their 70's and 80's and who remember the club in the old Div 3 South days. He could also google Charlie Webb and the 1910 Charity Shield and watch the 1983 Cup final. He could do all that in a day and then he would have a chance to "get it". One question, why isn't Charlie Webb on the Legends Wall ?
I think you might find he has already done many of the above and that is one of the reasons I believe he understands fans. Give the guy a chance. I have no idea why Charlie Webb is not on the legends wall - perhaps you could write to Paul Beirne at the club and he might just give you an answer.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Someone suggest they shift the away fans into a corner.

I see that Boro have done this with away fans at the Riverside, there really should be an effort to do the same at the Amex and get home fans behind both goals.

StillHateBellotti

Jun 17, 2011
Eastbourne
I think the only real area suitable area for away fans would be the North West Corner, due mainly to the size of the corner area. Keep them away from the behind the goals. It is clear not from effort of those already in that area that the noise does not carry from that corner which would also be of benefit. Get the rest of the north rammed, the West upper in full voice, would be superb. Easier to police to save dragging knuckle heads all the way from the station to the furthest part of the ground. Other than that I have no clue on how to get people motivated...

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I see that Boro have done this with away fans at the Riverside, there really should be an effort to do the same at the Amex and get home fans behind both goals.
.....and Norwich, Leicester...... I suspect there are loads of clubs who do this. However, I also suspect that a lot of fans would rather watch from the sides than from behind a goal where the play tends to get a bit foreshortened.

Given the FACT that we can be assured that attendances for next season are guaranteed to be well below full capacity, it's surely time for the Club to be offering seating in the North Stand on a "sit anywhere you like" basis. That's what gets the singers properly clustered at away games and always worked well in the days of terraces. If folk don't want to be among singers or standers, they will be free to move to the sides or front, and it will very quickly become clear how this can be managed - to everyone's satisfaction.

The old arguments against unallocated seating no longer apply. We can cope with reduced capacity. And I am sure that the Club has found that there are better ways of identifying "troublemakers" than relying on the ticket sales database.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
I would suggest that if Hyppia has not been sacked by the 18th that the club postpone this. It would be a complete waste of time and could get nasty.

I can't go but for anyone who is then please do me a favour - if any clown suggests 'goal music' throw something heavy at them.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

He was on the Albion Roar the other week and seemed to know plenty. I'm fairly sure he said he'd read Build a Bonfire and We Want Falmer before he even started the job - would need to re-listen to confirm this though.

tommynockers

Dec 6, 2013
I Got the Email. Think its a joke and if it isn't it really just shows how clueless the club is!!
What we need is a few dancing ladies, should pick the atmosphere up a bit.
Get rid of the terrible songs that we seem to have this season, laborious non motivating dross!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here