Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

North and South West ST holders meeting 18th December

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
My main suggestions:

Move the away fans next to the North Stand.
Advise stewards to turn a blind eye to the North Stand (and advise match day ticket buyers that there is strong language and behaviour)
Seriously consider safe standing in the North Stand.
Reduce ticket prices/prioritise filling the stadium.

No club can seriously consider safe standing in the top 2 divisions unless parliament changes legislation.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Then Brighton fans need to challenge parliament for this... anything is possible, we are Brighton and Hove Albion!
The Football Supporters Federation have been campaigning for quite a while, even coming up with the design for it. There's been thousands of signatures on a petition already.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
I think putting the away fans where the family stand is, is the best idea. Move the family stand to the South so we have fans behind both goals. Will certainly crank up the atmosphere.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I think putting the away fans where the family stand is, is the best idea. Move the family stand to the South so we have fans behind both goals. Will certainly crank up the atmosphere.

The fans in the SW corner are next to the away fans, but the problem is that sound doesn't carry at the Amex.
I'm in the North stand, have heard lots of chants & songs, only to come home to read Nsc, where others have complained the atmosphere was dreadful. For noise to travel, it needs at least two stands joining in.

warsaw

She's lost control
Jan 28, 2008
So now the club can do no right, whatever they do. Everything and everybody is shit.

But actually the club genuinely wants to improve the atmosphere. I asked about the drum on 'ask the club about a month ago, and got a fairly positive response form Paul Camillin who also informed me that the club were looking at ways that the atmosphere might be improved . So this is a fantastic opportunity to talk through ideas with the club and actually do something about it. Or perhaps you would rather sit behind your keyboards and keep moaning.

Miserable f.....s!:censored:

If we don't take up this offer then why would they ever bother again. Get behind it.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
Can't wait. It'd be great to get the fluff and random ideas sorted out on here and then maybe approach the night with a set of 4-5 solid, heavily supported ideas that we can all get behind.

The North Stand, sponsored by Chloraseptic, shooting sticks and Strongbow.

My first suggestion - reallocate seats in the offseason, having told 'the singers' that they all need to be in one place, and having told everyone else that you expect them to be moved by no more than 10 seats, east or west. i.e. make a bloody great gap somewhere and fill it full of volunteers. THEN get the stewards to chuck out the ones who sit down, shut up, and leave early.

A bit exaggerated, granted, but reallocating seating has to be considered... doesn't it?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
So now the club can do no right, whatever they do. Everything and everybody is shit.

But actually the club genuinely wants to improve the atmosphere. I asked about the drum on 'ask the club about a month ago, and got a fairly positive response form Paul Camillin who also informed me that the club were looking at ways that the atmosphere might be improved . So this is a fantastic opportunity to talk through ideas with the club and actually do something about it. Or perhaps you would rather sit behind your keyboards and keep moaning.

If we don't take up this offer then why would they ever bother again. Get behind it.

I would if I'd had the email, but have been left off the invites, despite being in the north stand.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton

Couldn't agree more-this is at least a chance for all the whingers to put forward some constructive ideas. It doesn't matter what has happened in the past - no one can change that but there is a small chance that things can improve in the future. Some of the replies on here are simply ridiculous.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Although creating a safe standing area is out of the clubs hands at present, what is to stop them and indeed other clubs backing the campaign to bring back safe standing? That question could be asked? Although not an immediate answer to the questions in the email, its something further down the line to aim for...maybe? Anyone who has attended a Bundesliga fixture will know it can be achieved safely. Wasn't the question asked of Barber sometime back and he poo pooed the idea?

As a slight aside. I too received that email and of all those names, I ever never heard of any of them. I assume (?) these are people brought in by PB when other 'old school' Albion employee's were given their P45's?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Yeah, maybe head to this...but I also have Pilates over at the Virgin club, at that time...choices choices

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Although creating a safe standing area is out of the clubs hands at present, what is to stop them and indeed other clubs backing the campaign to bring back safe standing? That question could be asked? Although not an immediate answer to the questions in the email, its something further down the line to aim for...maybe? Anyone who has attended a Bundesliga fixture will know it can be achieved safely. Wasn't the question asked of Barber sometime back and he poo pooed the idea?

As a slight aside. I too received that email and of all those names, I ever never heard of any of them. I assume (?) these are people brought in by PB when other 'old school' Albion employee's were given their P45's?

The safety & security bloke is very new, as Chris Baker only left last month.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008

Agree. This is something that we should all get behind, not trivialise with all the usual predictable comments that litter most other threads on here.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
I don't want to sound like I want to be "the big I am" over this but if people want to PM me with their thoughts then I'm happy to try to collate something for the night. I will, of course, post a summary of what those accumulated views are in advance of sharing it on the night. I'm aware that this summary will receive some negative responses but I'm still happy to do what I can.

I won't attribute names to any of the comments so vent your spleen if you like.

Come on down - what's the worst that could happen?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Anyone else had this email?:

---------

Dear Supporter

We would like to invite you to join us in our Heineken Lounge at the stadium on 18th December from 7-9pm to discuss how we can better support you, the supporters.

The event will be hosted by:

Paul Beirne - Head of Commercial

Adrian Morris - Safety and Security Manager

Jen Wade - Supporter Services Manager

Tom Gorringe - Head of Marketing

We would like you to come with ideas and suggestions that you feel will help boost the atmosphere at the Amex.

There will be a buffet food offering provided and the bar will be open for you to have a drink while you are with us.

Spaces are limited for this event so we ask you to please register your interest, via our RSVP function here.

We hope that you are able to join us, however if you can't have a very Merry Christmas!

-----

Anyone going?

The only way this could happen is if we had a Carling Lounge

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
The rev attended a meeting before the first ball was kicked and gave them many ideas how to get the atmosphere right and they didn't listen. Includeds an area for young fans to get together at a reasonable price. However am pleased the club are trying to improve the atmosphere. We need chips. :facepalm:

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Can't wait. It'd be great to get the fluff and random ideas sorted out on here and then maybe approach the night with a set of 4-5 solid, heavily supported ideas that we can all get behind.

The North Stand, sponsored by Chloraseptic, shooting sticks and Strongbow.

My first suggestion - reallocate seats in the offseason, having told 'the singers' that they all need to be in one place, and having told everyone else that you expect them to be moved by no more than 10 seats, east or west. i.e. make a bloody great gap somewhere and fill it full of volunteers. THEN get the stewards to chuck out the ones who sit down, shut up, and leave early.

A bit exaggerated, granted, but reallocating seating has to be considered... doesn't it?

This would be a starting point for next season. Plenty of notice for those involved, judging by the number of match day tickets available in the North people will just be moved within the stand. (If enough singers are together then that should mean there's no need for a drum).

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here