North and South West ST holders meeting 18th December

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
I will say it again, how the **** did you get made a mod on this forum,and while I am at it with cocks like you representing nsc why would any one from the club invite nsc mods to a debate about the future of the Albion.You really are a bunch of Wankers and definitely not supporters bye bye

Blimey! Where did that come from? Did you quote the wrong post?

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
I'm not fecking moving from my north stand seat thankyouverymuch

I agree, fail to see how they could go about moving people. Will they ask you if you sing? What if everybody says they sing, who is to say that the people they move into your seat, would sing. Just fail to see how they are going to measure the criteria for this. I am in the middle of the north and I sing. Choose to believe that statement or not, but that's surely all the club can do

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
I wanted to say something in the meeting but didn't have the courage too. But I was thinking that if they move all the family in the north stand into the north corners and then this will leave gaps in the middle for the singers. But obviously that's going to be hard.
Not the best idea I know.
Their was some great comments from everyone last night. Was really good to be part of it.

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill
I agree, fail to see how they could go about moving people. Will they ask you if you sing? What if everybody says they sing, who is to say that the people they move into your seat, would sing. Just fail to see how they are going to measure the criteria for this. I am in the middle of the north and I sing. Choose to believe that statement or not, but that's surely all the club can do

Spot on. I'm back row middle of the North with my 2 boys. I can't be arsed to sing cos I'm a miserable old git. The boys have a good go now and then. Good luck with getting us to move!

albionant

Aug 29, 2007
I went along to the meeting and was impressed that the club were open to listening to opinions from the supporters.
I found that we collectively as a fan group seem to let ourselves down, a lot of comments started with I, a lot of the comments were based on self interest.
It came across as ‘I deserve to be moved to a better seat as I think I sing louder than you’/ 'I’m a better Brighton supporter than you are'.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Why would you need the words to GOSBTS on the big screen ?
Surely most of you should know the words to your clubs "song" ???

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Its happened at several away games , first come - first served. You'll always get the odd obnoxious **** though insisting on sitting in their allocated seat because its printed on the ticket.

Perhaps they see you you as an obnoxious **** for stopping them from sitting in a seat they have selected in order to have the best match day experience. What gives you the right to act like a bully.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Why do you do this? Just the usual sad shit-stirring. Pathetic.

Not at all.
Do you know the words ? Do the mates you go to the match with know the words ?
Do Liverpool have the words to YNWA on the screen ? West Ham Bubbles ? Palace with GAO ?
The point being if you're a fan, why would you need prompting ?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Not at all.
Do you know the words ? Do the mates you go to the match with know the words ?
Do Liverpool have the words to YNWA on the screen ? West Ham Bubbles ? Palace with GAO ?
The point being if you're a fan, why would you need prompting ?

Go away. This thread isn't for you. Sad sack.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field

Spot on. I'm back row middle of the North with my 2 boys. I can't be arsed to sing cos I'm a miserable old git. The boys have a good go now and then. Good luck with getting us to move!

These.

I've got a seat in the back row of the North Stand, bang in the centre. Due to work, I can't get to every game (probably 60-70%), but when I am there I'm as vocal as anyone. Given the huge priority process that everyone went through when seats were first made available at the Amex (I've had the same seat since day 1), there is absolutely no way I'd allow the club to move me somewhere else and I imagine there are a fair few others who feel the same way.

If I was forced to move for whatever reason, there's not a cat in hell's chance of me ever getting a ST again.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
**** sake. They weren't talking about moving everyone, just those who are in the North but not arsed about singing. This thread shows what a challenge it would be, spitting the dummy at the mere thought of being asked to help the Amex atmosphere

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
And a merry Christmas to you too !

You know that the answer to your question is that not enough of our fans know the full words (or correct words) to GOSBTS. That's the answer you want to read isn't it, sad act?

I hope that you can now take away this crumb of satisfaction in your day. You clearly have nothing else good going on your life, otherwise you'd not spend half of it on the message board of a team that you don't even support.*

I'm guessing that you're a virgin, but at least you know the words to glad all over. *

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
It was a positive meeting. Paul Beirne definitely wants to engage with supporters in a way which hasn't happened for a while and do whatever is possible (may be more, may be less) to end the 'fragmentation' of the atmosphere in the North Stand. The main suggestion in this regard is that non-allocated seats in the central areas of the NS could be marketed as a 'singing area' and new purchasers, both of one offs and season tickets, who want to be part of that atmosphere, could be directed there, while other general purchasers are directed elsewhere. This hasn't happened before. In general terms it looks as though there is going to be some kind of a move to re-establish an independent supporters' group which can channel opinion to the Board in a constructive and organised way. I say 'it looks as though' because new, younger people are intending to take this forward. People like me have done our bit :)

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Did anyone bring up the idea of the singing section being down by the North West corner flag. It can then be populated by ultra fanatics to stand and shout all game and create an intimidating atmosphere. It would only take half a dozen or so. Can't believe no other club has tried it.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
1. Minutes of the last Board Meeting.
2. Performance of Recruitment team (permanent playing staff)
3. Performance of Recruitment team (loanees)
4. The team as first line marketing
5. Tactics..a basic understanding thereof
6. Discipline of Non-Playing Staff
7. Performance and benchmarking of Medical Staff
8. The Real wholesale cost of catering supplies.
9. The service offered by Catering Contractors.
10. Supply of Catering at Peak moments (easy to predict or not)
11 Stewarding - Training Procedures
12. Terms and service standards of any outsourced stewarding contract.
13. Disciplinary procedures relating to stewarding.
14. Gullys Girls - Non PC or part of the supporter/club pact
15 AOB

Now that is a meeting I would turn up for..Please add as appropriate

Put a 100K into the club and they might invite you onto the board, then you can satisfy your inquisitive nature.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports