Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

North American Seagulls!

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Shoreham/LA
As suggested in the expats watching Donny thread, it'd be great to get a full list of North American Seagulls and locations together - would be great to form into a group and when games are on TV or people are in others' cities we can arrange some meat-ups perhaps!

Let's get a list going and see where it goes from there..

I'll start, one here in West Hollywood. Just moved out from London, via Shoreham-By-Sea (just at the wrong time! ha). Went week in, week out through Goldstone, Gillingham and Withdean and unfortunately have gotten to go a lot less in the last 3 or so years with travelling so much for work...

Who else? :wave:

Miami Seagull

Grandad
Jul 12, 2003
Miami Florida, USA
As the name suggests, from Miami. Actually live in Parkland which is nearer Fort Lauderdale. Have a ST at the Amex, had one at Gillingham and for the first 5 years at Withdean. Moved here in 98. Will be back in the UK for the Leeds and Palace home games.

fireseagull

Aug 2, 2011
Chicago, IL
Born and bred in Brighton, regular at the Goldstone until the end (my first game was Brighton-Ipswich in '91, at the front of the pitch invasion from the north stand following Wilkins' free-kick!). Then moved away to university up north and only made it to Gillingham when I could. In 2000 moved to the States and eventually Chicago, been here ever since, went to the Withdean whenever I could get back. But haven't been home for nearly two years now.

I think this is a great idea for organising ourselves across North America and eventually getting assistance from the club with tickets and the like on returns home.

Again, if anyone's in the Chicago-area I'll be at the Globe Pub this Saturday morning for the Albion game. Be great to see a couple more Albion shirts there. Also, they serve real ale!

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
How did you guys get to America in the first place? Did you apply for jobs out there before you moved or were you moved from a UK position to US in your company?

Just wondering like, always been curious about living in America

fireseagull

Aug 2, 2011
Chicago, IL
How did you guys get to America in the first place? Did you apply for jobs out there before you moved or were you moved from a UK position to US in your company?

Just wondering like, always been curious about living in America
Personally I came to the US to do an internship, stayed to take a Masters and ended up getting married here. Now I'm losing my accent but have never stopped following the Albion!

fireseagull

Aug 2, 2011
Chicago, IL
Started a Facebook Page for North American Seagulls to gather on. Can't directly link it as I don't have enough posts on here, if anyone else could that would be good. Just search for "North American Seagulls" on Facebook and it should pop-up.

Or copy and paste to your address bar: facebook.com/pages/North-American-Seagulls/226918490677375

mchaney

mick.seagulls
Jul 26, 2004
Kitchener (Canada)
Kitchener Ontario. been a Brighton Fan since they were called the Dolphins!!!!! Just went over for 3 days and saw the Brighton vs Spurs Game and will be watching the Donny game this Saturday on Setanta Canada :)

So.CalGull

Sep 28, 2010
Orange County. California.
Lived in Seaford for 30 years, worked in Brighton for 14 of them, moved to Los Angeles in 2001, now living in Huntington Beach, Orange County, California, my parents live 20 minutes south in Laguna Beach and my brother 1 hour north in the San Fernando Valley.

First Albion game in 1975, done the Goldstone, Gillingham and Withdean and leaving tomorrow at 6.00pm for the flight home and the first league game at Falmer.

On a packing break at this moment, words can not describe how excited my dad and I are to be coming home and watching the game this saturday.

Anyone else around So. Cal drop me a line, I have Fox Soccer plus and will watch all games possible this season live on there.

Last edited:

Diar

Apr 12, 2011
Donny Seagull here (commonly known as a crow). Spending Sat afternoon pissing about on the local rubbish tip (known as the town centre) trying to pick up odd bits and pieces from Donny leftovers. Bit like BHA will be, really!

Sep 14, 2006
Philadelphia
Used to stand of the Chicken Run with my Dad. He played for Pompey, QPR but grew up in Brighton (Varndean Grammar) and played for Brighton Boys. He started taking me to the football when I was around 7, so that would be 1973/4 Season. I fell instantly in love and continued going to the GG until 1988, when I moved to the US; first Texas and now for 17 years in the Philadelphia Area. I worked for BCAL and I was part of the BA merger team. Came for a year and overstayed just a bit. Following the Albion from 1988 to 1995 was extremely difficult and it was like the 1850s waiting for the papers to arrive a week late for results and such.

I was at both FA Cup Finals, Fans United and a few games in between. I listen to every game, watch those that I can pirate and follow the club with ceaseless love and affection. I was over a few weeks ago and just loved driving past the stadium. I went to Falmer HS, so it felt very much like home.

I am stupendously jealous of all of you for Saturday (like most other Saturdays really) and looking forward to a positive result and a nice mid table finish with at least 4 points each taken from Palace, Saints, Pompey, Millwall along the way.......

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Have followed the Albion for years, once it gets in your blood it never leaves no matter where you are in the world. Saw the FA cup final against Man U and the replay in ’83, the play off final at Millennium Stadium and the nail biter at Hereford. Also saw the final Doncaster game so really upset that I cannot make the game at Falmer, have to make do with the telly. Spent 2 years in Portland, Oregon in 1998 and moved out to New York 3 years ago with a British project management firm. Always glad to go for a beer with any Albion fans visiting New York.

johnhammond

Neither John, nor Hammond
Jan 17, 2008
Utrecht
From Shoreham originally - went to my first couple of games in 89/90, and then gradually started going more frequently each year after that. I was a ballboy for the last couple of years at the Goldstone, went to most games at Gillingham and then a season ticket at Withdean and most away games until I left for uni in 2004. Went to odd home and away games after that until I moved to Oklahoma on an exchange year for the final year of my undergrad. Came to Seattle after that in 2008 for a Masters/PhD which I'm halfway through now. No idea which continent will be next, but I like it here for now.

I'm mightily pissed to be missing these first games, but after waiting for so long I suppose I can last until Burnley/Southampton over Christmas.

Thankfully football is popular in and around Seattle so I can get my fill with a season ticket at the Sounders and playing in various teams. I'm down at the George & Dragon pub watching any Albion games that are on US tv (although the owner is a Hereford fan so he's never too pleased to see us playing). I know there's other fans around from seeing car stickers/shirts in the distance, but I've not met anyone to talk to yet.

fireseagull

Aug 2, 2011
Chicago, IL
Bump for those of us waking up across North America. With the excitement ahead of Saturday's televised game, keep spreading the word now. 12 people are already signed-up on the Facebook page, here's the link to copy & paste again: facebook.com/pages/North-American-Seagulls/226918490677375

Kick Ass Minton

Brooklynite
Oct 8, 2003
Brooklyn, NY
Been here IN NYC for 3 1/2 years - moved over with the help of our Stadium sponsors and loving it - so much so that I married an American !

Supported the club since 92 and maintaned a season ticket up until I moved here. Gutted to be missing all the latest developments and success but looking forward to continued success and more live games on the box !

Always up for watching the games in town - usually Central Bar as I find Nevada Smith's too "West Street Walkabout". Got a few other Engligh Expats in the area who "follow" the albion alongside Prem teams who are also up for a beverage or two...

Have a few insiders at the club who can help "facilitate' tickets and gossip so that when I return I should be able to see the boys in the stripes !

Kick Ass Minton

Brooklynite
Oct 8, 2003
Brooklyn, NY
Bump for those of us waking up across North America. With the excitement ahead of Saturday's televised game, keep spreading the word now. 12 people are already signed-up on the Facebook page, here's the link to copy & paste again: facebook.com/pages/North-American-Seagulls/226918490677375

Will sign up when i get home this eve - FB blocked in the office

LeicesterGull

Feb 2, 2009
Lived in Seaford for 30 years, worked in Brighton for 14 of them, moved to Los Angeles in 2001, now living in Huntington Beach, Orange County, California, my parents live 20 minutes south in Laguna Beach and my brother 1 hour north in the San Fernando Valley.

First Albion game in 1975, done the Goldstone, Gillingham and Withdean and leaving tomorrow at 6.00pm for the flight home and the first league game at Falmer.

On a packing break at this moment, words can not describe how excited my dad and I are to be coming home and watching the game this saturday.

Anyone else around So. Cal drop me a line, I have Fox Soccer plus and will watch all games possible this season live on there.

Amazing loyalty, I always thought travelling down from Grantham was a big ask. I'd like to think I'd do the same in your position, good on anyone travelling over from abroad this Saturday!

Citrus

Seagulls over Toronto
Jul 11, 2003
Toronto
Downtown Toronto here - will be at he Football Factory on Bathurst and Richmond for the game and a fry-up Saturday morning.

fireseagull

Aug 2, 2011
Chicago, IL
26 signed-up on Facebook now, great to see the stories posted as well about where everyone's from. Sign-up! facebook.com/pages/North-American-Seagulls/226918490677375

fireseagull

Aug 2, 2011
Chicago, IL
Snappier URL in place now for the Facebook page: facebook.com/seagullsna

Here's the list of pubs we know Albion fans will be headed to watch the match tomorrow morning:

The Globe Pub, 1934 West Irving Park Road, Chicago, IL
The Central Bar, 109 East 9th Street, New York, NY

Anywhere else?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here