Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Norman Wisdom not Dead

wizo7

Man Met Massive
Dec 17, 2008
Bolney
Thanks to those that wrote the lovely comments on Norman Wisdom. I particaly liked the flat cap idea for the next game as a mark of respect! I can assure you all that it was a false alarm and he is not dead...as i am his grandson and assume that i would have been told by now! haha

:yahoo:

Thanks to those that wrote the lovely comments on Norman Wisdom. I particaly liked the flat cap idea for the next game as a mark of respect! I can assure you all that it was a false alarm and he is not dead...as i am his grandson and assume that i would have been told by now! haha

:yahoo:

I don't disbelieve you, but I notice you registered a few days ago, not today; we do get hoaxers on here from time to time.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
_1233776_adams300.jpg

normant1.jpg

Dont laugh at us cos! :rolleyes:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
what about it? have they not gone bust?

I think the point was that it was a bit of a coincidence. You join and then a few days later your grandfather is not dead (if you see what I mean).

Glad to hear the good tidings though. How is his general health? There have been (as I am sure you know) all sorts of stories floating about before today.

PS Have JJB gone bust? I haven't seen anything of that. I hope it doesn't have an adverse effect on Wigan Athletic :(

I think the point was that it was a bit of a coincidence. You join and then a few days later your grandfather is not dead (if you see what I mean).
:(

No, the coincidence was not the point; it's just that it would have been more credible if he had only registered today, perhaps after trawling the internet to correct the mis-information. And of course JJB hasn't gone bust, it'd be all over the news, although I've wasted time searching the web trying to find it. Yet when he's challenged, he just retorts with what about it? have they not gone bust?, as if I've got to prove a negative!

Last edited:

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
PS Have JJB gone bust? I haven't seen anything of that. I hope it doesn't have an adverse effect on Wigan Athletic :(

JJB have been in severe financial problems for some time, but Dave Whelan got out some time ago (possibly at the top of its value too!) so Wigan should be grand.

My local JJB store (ex Sports Divison) has been trading under the name of "Olympic Sports" but still with JJB signage and bags/Sports Division on credit card receipts for a few months now, and appears to be flogging leftover stock from around the chain at cheap prices - theres masses of England and Northern Ireland merchandise rotting away as a result!

wizo7

Man Met Massive
Dec 17, 2008
Bolney
i must have been wrong about JJB, somebody just told me that day and i took it as the cast iron truth! apologies! My dad (Nick) runs Wisdom Sports, and the picture above is me at Tranmere!

a few people wrote to me on facebook regarding the death of my Grandad, and then i saw it on here. (no connection between me joining and the apparent death by the way). So i thought i should clarify that these rumours were infact not true and he has not passed away. Cheers. loz.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Great stuff - wish your granddad a happy new year, here's to many more etc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here