Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Norman Cook's Big Beach Cafe

Jul 7, 2016
Anyone else been before?

I went today for the first time with Mrs Seagull and our two children and I have to say I was impressed.

Ok, it's not a Michelin star restaurant or anything but the food was freshly cooked, quality was very good and the prices were surprisingly low. The staff were all friendly and well organised as well.

I thought I recognised the manager there and was talking to him briefly, sure enough he's a regular in 1901 with Norman and we had a brief chat about Glenn Murray's return etc.

At a time when many food places in Brighton & Hove are either serving poor food or charging ridiculous prices for average food, it was nice to see a thriving business serve great food at very reasonable prices. The fact that it belongs to the legend that is Norman Cook, for some reason, made me feel even better!

Food is OK nothing to get excited about. They do need to bed improve their burgers which taste very budget and sort out their very oily greasy chips.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Does Norm still own Woodies next to his house ? The American diner place? Always seems pretty busy and popular with mates of mine with kids.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Wasnt the place owned a couple of years ago by the mother of somebody who posts on here and it rated very highly for Sunday roasts or am I getting mixed up with cafes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here