Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Norman Baker serious post

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
He's a self serving tosspot, and has been for years..

I used to run the Abergavenny Arms in Rodmell, and we wanted to put a nice 'Olde Worlde' style sign up the road to let people know where the car park was etc..

Some arsehole local residents thought it 'might spoil the landscape' and got him involved.
He forced the issue and we couldn't do it - Well done to the local MP...
Thing is, when the next local elections came about, what was on big sign boards in the fields and pinned to trees etc..?
Yes HIS election campaign advertising blurb in bright orange all over the area spoiling everyones vision for weeks..
TOSSPOT..!

:angry: :censored:

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
I agree i wouldnt be to chuffed to have one in view bloody awfull:angry: :angry:

newhaven seagull 85

SELDOM IN NEWHAVEN
Dec 3, 2006
norman baker is an arogant man who only thinks about himself and his own image. I would also say that he seems to be more interested in pursuing the government and mp's in general than talking and doing something worthwhile in his own constituency.
he is also not very good at returning emails.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
The Oldman said:

He does seem to like getting his name in the media and I have met him once and did not find it a pleasant experience.

I feel exactly the same way.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Excuse me for sounding arrogant but the Baker appeasers are showing political naiivety. I seriously doubt Baker's sincerity. He is clearly a man with an enormous ego who loves publicity and he is defined by what he opposes rather than what he is in favour of.

The Scots were the backbone of the British Empire and Aberdonian Norman carries on in Sussex as if he is some colonial governor who is enlightening the ignorant locals. He has done a great deal behind the scenes to scupper the stadium and be sure that Lewes DC are doing his bidding regardless of what he says publicly. I have it on good authority that he has put huge pressure on other LibDem MPs to oppose Falmer. His attitude towards Prescott is simple class snobbery as is his anti-football stance on the stadium.

I fear that Baker is going to win on Falmer; in which case his political legacy will be the destruction of Sussex's only football league team. Will he still be Seaford's best ever MP?

Ozymandias

Jan 31, 2007
Hungry Joe said:
Good on him for pushing on the David Kelly afair. He's still a Grade A **** though.

He's pushing the Kelly affair so that he can ..... write a f**king book on it and make a few bob. The LD's are not amussed by his fixation with Dr Kelly, they think he's becoming a bit of a prick.

Ozymandias said:
He's pushing the Kelly affair so that he can ..... write a f**king book on it and make a few bob. The LD's are not amussed by his fixation with Dr Kelly, they think he's becoming a bit of a prick.

Whereas we know that he's always been one.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
newhaven seagull 85 said:
norman baker is an arogant man who only thinks about himself and his own image. I would also say that he seems to be more interested in pursuing the government and mp's in general than talking and doing something worthwhile in his own constituency.
he is also not very good at returning emails.

quite. he hit a rich vein with the Dr Kelly affair, but then he spends all his time mudslinging and harassing the governement and everyone else ove petty things, some of its bound to hit. i think he has pretentions to LD leadership and i see him as constant campaigning for this, keeping up his media profile. Having lived in Simon Huges seat, ive seen how a genuinly good polictian interacts with his local community while picking the national issues that really matter and do have impact on those voting for him, not just Liberal conference/paper column inchs.

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
He's simply trying to make a name for himself. He deliberately looks to go against the grain (hence Falmer) so don't be fooled by his apparent do-right attitude. You won't find him taking a controversial stance on any major issue for fear of pushing it too far and losing his job. Which ironically he has hopefully done now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here