Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Norman Baker Resigns as minister

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
You will see more of this as we move towards the election his seat could be under threat with the Liberal melt down and the rise of UKIP also the greens may take a lot of the LEWES VOTES. We need an Albion friendly council in Lewes to help TB build his hotel!Some Lewes business have benefited from brighton playing at Falmer it would be good if they supported the Club. It would also be helpful if the council got behind TB in the building of the hotel instead of delaying it like the ground which cost the club millions more which could have gone into the team. The one thing I liked Norman for was his campaign for reopening the Lewes to Uckfield line.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
another watered down tory deserting the sinking ship to try and save his seat

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
You will see more of this as we move towards the election his seat could be under threat with the Liberal melt down and the rise of UKIP also the greens may take a lot of the LEWES VOTES. We need an Albion friendly council in Lewes to help TB build his hotel!Some Lewes business have benefited from brighton playing at Falmer it would be good if they supported the Club. It would also be helpful if the council got behind TB in the building of the hotel instead of delaying it like the ground which cost the club millions more which could have gone into the team. The one thing I liked Norman for was his campaign for reopening the Lewes to Uckfield line.

Re openin gthe Uckfield to Lewes line, its never going to happen, he's chasing a dead duck, knows it and is only trying to garner votes.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Norman Baker 0:2 The Righteous

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
A visible, high profile falling out with the Tories is probably a smart move if he wants to retain the support of the folk who have previously voted for him.

Is the correct answer and the only answer for self preservation, just hope the joe public can see through such a weak stance so close to an upcoming election clearly happy drinking in the same trough as the Tories, but now his pay check is on the line......

Politicians there all the same.

vauxhallexile

Jul 31, 2003

You refer to the "council" delaying the building of the hotel - would this be the current Conservative administration on Lewes District (Lib Dems are the opposition) or the current Green administration on Brighton and Hove?

vauxhallexile

Jul 31, 2003
Re openin gthe Uckfield to Lewes line, its never going to happen, he's chasing a dead duck, knows it and is only trying to garner votes.

Every chance it could happen, the current government are re-opening the Oxford to Bedford line so there is a recent precedent. He is a good constituency MP (even people quoted in the We Want Falmer book admit that) and has a very good chance of getting re-elected.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Just incase anyone had forgotten....

In an astonishing moment, during yesterday's session at the Falmer
Stadium Public Inquiry, MP for Lewes Norman Baker admitted he would
rather see Brighton & Hove Albion cease to exist than a stadium at
Falmer be built.

During cross examination, from the club's barrister Jonathan Clay,
Baker said that he would rather preserve the AONB at Falmer, even if
it meant that the club ceased to exist.

Baker also admitted he hasn't even properly studied the club's
planning application.

Watching Albion fans were clearly astounded by the statement, and
FFA Chairman Paul Samrah said, "He [Norman Baker] confirmed he would
rather see the Albion die than play at Falmer. I'm sure the
electorate will be stunned by that... I think we [Albion supporters]
are going to remember that."

Albion Chief Executive Martin Perry said, "Norman Baker clearly has
no idea what Brighton & Hove Albion Football Club means to the people of Sussex and beyond. The club's thousands of supporters - many of whom hail from his electorate - will be rightly angered by such insensitive comment."

6 months left on the back benches, then he'll lose his seat and the world can forget him....

Last edited:

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Just incase anyone had forgotten....

In an astonishing moment, during yesterday's session at the Falmer
Stadium Public Inquiry, MP for Lewes Norman Baker admitted he would
rather see Brighton & Hove Albion cease to exist than a stadium at
Falmer be built.

During cross examination, from the club's barrister Jonathan Clay,
Baker said that he would rather preserve the AONB at Falmer, even if
it meant that the club ceased to exist.

Baker also admitted he hasn't even properly studied the club's
planning application.

Watching Albion fans were clearly astounded by the statement, and
FFA Chairman Paul Samrah said, "He [Norman Baker] confirmed he would
rather see the Albion die than play at Falmer. I'm sure the
electorate will be stunned by that... I think we [Albion supporters]
are going to remember that."

Albion Chief Executive Martin Perry said, "Norman Baker clearly has
no idea what Brighton & Hove Albion Football Club means to the people of Sussex and beyond. The club's thousands of supporters - many of whom hail from his electorate - will be rightly angered by such insensitive comment."

6 months left on the back benches, then he'll lose his seat and the world can forget him....
Indeed. Lest We Forget and all that. 'Good constituency MP' my arse. Well, I suppose he IS good if you're a **** the same as he is. Sadly I think there are enough stuck-up ***** in Lewes to ensure your last line won't happen.

Roll on the Revolution.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Every chance it could happen, the current government are re-opening the Oxford to Bedford line so there is a recent precedent. He is a good constituency MP (even people quoted in the We Want Falmer book admit that) and has a very good chance of getting re-elected.

So we're going to knock down parts of the Bellbrook Industrial Estate, build 18 Bridges, compulsory purchase many houses, land in order to get this done. Its desirable, but not practical, it won't happen.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here