Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Normal Person's Route One Into Town After A Midweek Game? Say TUESDAY?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
OK.

This will affect every single Albion fan attending the first Amex evening game who desn't have access to a car.

Many Gills fans also.

How long does it take to walk into town on a normal road without resorting to navigating golf courses in the dark or somesuch bollocks.

The trains won't cope on Tuesday. That is a given. What's Plan B for those on foot?

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Assuming there are trains, Falmer-Lewes-Haywards Heath will have its attractions for people heading north...

otk

~(.)(.)~
May 15, 2007
Leg out of the bed
I'd have to jump on a 25 bus. Anybody use that method on Saturday?

PFJ

Not the JPF ..splitters !
Jun 22, 2010
The Port of Noddy Holder
Train yesterday was a very long wait affair.Option of staying after for a pint of Harveys as did last week , but if need to to get home quickly , I am seriously considering using the unofficial Moulescomb park and hope.:eek:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Thinking that any OFFICIAL transport queue you join, you'll be f***ed for getting home Tuesday. Just say no, kidz :thumbsup:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
As a lot of season ticket holders don't live within 20 miles of Brighton, and tend to miss League Cup games, I would imagine there will be far fewer people trying to get home on Tuesday night.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Park and ride to the strangely underused enigma that is Mithras House......

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
Am I being a mug here, but I was going on the fact I'd get the train as there are 4 in the first 30 minutes and 5 in the hour after that?

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Tips on where to either park and ride or park and train (maybe lewes?) for Tuesday greatly appreciated for a couple of Hastings people without a travel voucher book.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I fully expect transport to fail on Tuesday. Have always felt that the evening games will be the proper test. Personally I think the club should be going for 8pm kick offs as loads won't make the kick off.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
How long does it take to walk into town on a normal road without resorting to navigating golf courses in the dark or somesuch bollocks.

rather depends on where exactly "town" is and how fast you walk. and if you know where you are going.

as a working example, say Preston park, i reckon is ~5km from Falmer, down the main road then across Hollingdean road and a couple of back roads. i could walk that in an around an hour, your mileage may vary.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here