Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

normal over reaction

Dez

Jul 5, 2003
Brighton
We lose one game and suddenly we're shit again. Have some perspective - it's a long season. Before tonight we had won two on the bounce against promotion candidates. Tonight was a disappointing result but i'd take 3 points in the league ahead of a League Cup win. A 4-1 defeat against Derby doesn't make us a shit team - just as much as a 4-1 win against Millwall doesn't make us world beaters. The complete over reactions on here do my head in!

(aimed at the negative crap that's being spouted by certain posters!)

hillbilly

In the hill, not over it!
Sep 1, 2008
Burgess Hill
Who's over reacting? Yes, we were shit tonight, and yes Derby are ok, but I don't think anyone's THAT bothered to be honest. If we'd just lost 4-1 in the league any reaction would be 10 times stronger than this.

I much as I hate losing this is very true. The Scunny and Walsall defeats were a lot harder to take.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I thought we had a blinding first half and had we scored early could well have won tonight but at the end they were the better team by far with their clinical finishing.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
We were just outclassed in the end, by players with superior technique and superior levels of fitness. Not sure who that Derby no. 17 was, but he was the best player on the pitch by a country mile til he went off injured. BOSSED their defence bigtime.

The Albion players were quite rightly applauded off the pitch at the end of the game :clap:

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
We were just outclassed in the end, by players with superior technique and superior levels of fitness. Not sure who that Derby no. 17 was, but he was the best player on the pitch by a country mile til he went off injured. BOSSED their defence bigtime.

The Albion players were quite rightly applauded off the pitch at the end of the game :clap:

Dean Leacock.

And yes we were very unlucky to be losing at half time...

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
We gave it ago, but were dreadful.

Not that fussed really, poxy competition.

Hawkins SHIT though.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Who's over reacting? Yes, we were shit tonight, and yes Derby are ok, but I don't think anyone's THAT bothered to be honest. If we'd just lost 4-1 in the league any reaction would be 10 times stronger than this.

I said pretty much that to a mate as we left tonight. Disappointed we lost, but would have been much worse if it had been a league game.

We were shit? We were dreadful? What the hell are you lot on tonight? Get some perspective here-we played a side THIRTY places above us in the league who last season were in the Premier League. The score in no way reflects the game tonight-f***ing hell, what is wrong with you people?

Were any of you one of the morons in Block E tonight hurling abuse at Thornton because of the foul throw, calling him a useless ginger twat and moaning most of the game about Fleetwood and regularly having a moan at Murray? If you were-please f*** off and support another team.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
I should point out that although we were shit (we let in four - poor, our fniishing was embarrassing and our midfield bar Thomson was anonymous), the opposition were good and we weren't expecting to get anything out of the game anyway.

:thumbsup:

I should point out that although we were shit (we let in four - poor, our fniishing was embarrassing and our midfield bar Thomson was anonymous), the opposition were good and we weren't expecting to get anything out of the game anyway.

:thumbsup:

We were not shit tonight.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007

We were shit tonight? - really, i thought we did quite well, especially in the first half and also that the final score didn't do us or our performance any justice. We were playing a team that were premiership last season, and are benefitting from the parachute payments which has allowed them to keep alot of their better players. - Is it really a surprise we lost - no

We played with pride and effort but we were unfortunate on a few occasions (goal ruled out, keepers fumble under pressure / being fouled etc...) we were certainly never under severe pressure or completely outclassed - we certainly were far from being shit.

Why does one error mean that a player is also shit, as some on here seem to think, even if they played really well the rest of the match - all players will and do make mistakes, get over it.

It has taken a while but i finally understand why people come up with the nonsense like we were shit, and that is that they base their opinions entirely on the scoreline and not the performance too. - you can play really well and produce some excellent, entertaining football and lose, which doesn't mean you were shit, or equally you can play shit and fluke a win, which doesn't mean you played great.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Not so much shit, but thought from about midway though the second half we looked almost uninterested. The moment their 3rd went in, it was totally game over. Maybe the boys are a bit knackered after Tuesday, Saturday, Tuesday games?

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Yes, we were shit tonight.

No, we weren't. We played very well in the first half and stuck at it until half time and got a goal back.

Second half we chased the game and their superior technique paid dividends. We made errors and weren't great but we were stretched.

Early goals for us and it could easily have been 4-2 to the Seagulls and we'd be clamouring for Leeds tickets.

Shame we didn't win - lots of positives to take from this game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here