Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nooney - CCFC thread...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I always try to remember the good time with ex players :smile:

Fair enough, and Nooney certainly wasn't a *bad* player. But he never got his head up, his crossing and shooting was woeful, and although he was capable of some exciting dribbles, the end product was so rarely worth the build-up.

At the time he was here I always had him behind Buckley and KLL in the pecking order, and had NUMEROUS arguments with some fellow STH's over his worth. Out of the 3, I'd have binned Noone every time and twice on Sundays.

Nice bloke though, by all accounts.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
But if Conway IS more the finished article, why isn't be in Cardiff's Premier League 25, when Craig Noone is?

Noone is a nicer bloke to have in the dressing room.
And what with their stadium expansion coming up, he might be useful for a bit of roofing.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
At the time he was here I always had him behind Buckley and KLL in the pecking order, and had NUMEROUS arguments with some fellow STH's over his worth. Out of the 3, I'd have binned Noone every time and twice on Sundays.

Same here, I could understand their point to an extent. He was an exciting, if incredibly frustrating player to watch.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Same here, I could understand their point to an extent. He was an exciting, if incredibly frustrating player to watch.

Skin the fullback twice, go back for one more cheeky nutmeg, then fire the cross into the crowd.

Jinx inside, evade 3 tackles, make room for the shot, then scuff the ball 5 yards wide into the advertising boards.

Repeat ad-infinitum.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
History largely being rewritten here.

I just don't buy that.

Previously I've been toe-to-toe with Noone-atics, they'll have you believe all manner of guff about his skill, abilities, popularity as a player, role in the team, and so on.

That just wasn't the case, he was the third string winger with minimal end product, esp when compared with Buckley and KLL.

The only thing that's ever agreed is his popularity as a person.

£1.5m was a cracking bit of business.
We were sad to lose the man, not the player.
We all knew he'd be stunning for Cardiff when he joined.
We all knew the thread quoted here was inevitable.

Last edited:

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
I'd forgotten he'd played for us to be honest, he's hardly the first name that springs to mind when you think of current players you'd like to return to the club.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
7 goals in 32 isn't a bad return for a Championship winger.
That is true, but Noone definitely falls into the 'but look at what you could have won' trap.

I think we widely accept playing as a winger to lone front man CMS isn't the same as if it were Ulloa.
But even so having done the hard bit, and done it with easy, putting THE cross into the box seemed to be so difficult.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Lost all respect for him after we played Liverpool in the league cup. Complete prat.

The starry-eyed crap from Noone and Navarro when we were whupped at Anfield was quite vomitworthy. It was all they could do to stop themselves dry-humping Gerrards leg in the warm-up. We were a decent Championship club playing away at a distinctly average PL team, but in the whole buildup, Noone and Navarro seemed to be treating it like a bloody homecoming tour.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here