Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Noone to Cardiff - ** Confirmed **

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
It seems we have enough to fill the position he might leave - what with Buckles and Lua Lua and Vicente and Barnes - so to sell him for a decent profit seems a reasonable plan. He's obviously partly attracted by the upped wages the Taffs would dangle in front of him, and he might fancy their chances for promotion greater than ours, and neither of those possibilities are enough to have him perceived as villainous for thinking.
I'd hazard a guess at the fee being closer to a million. Them offering more before shouldn't have much bearing in their current offer. It always depends on the player's current value and the general financial market too, which doesn't seem bathed in opulence when it comes to direct outlays for a player. Still, if it was upwards toward the £2m that some believe, then that's an enormous figure for him and should be warmly welcomed. Can't be sure it'd all be spent, but a chunk of it should be and if that means we up our class levels and bag that monstrous behemoth up front we say gaily crave, then tremendous.
I like Nooney. He's a wait out for the defence that Lua Lua isn't, with a drop of the shoulder and a cheeky touch. Buckley fit should be his equivalent and better as he has the finishing power and the habit of pacedly gambolling, which is in his favour.

I'm excited about whomsoever might appear in the next two days.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Noone is an exciting player, and it will be sad to see him go, but let's not be blinded by saturday's 5-1 win. We are desperate for a forward and good ones cost money. Hopefully it will be one step backward, two forward.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
It seems we have enough to fill the position he might leave - what with Buckles and Lua Lua and Vicente and Barnes - so to sell him for a decent profit seems a reasonable plan. He's obviously partly attracted by the upped wages the Taffs would dangle in front of him, and he might fancy their chances for promotion greater than ours, and neither of those possibilities are enough to have him perceived as villainous for thinking.
I'd hazard a guess at the fee being closer to a million. Them offering more before shouldn't have much bearing in their current offer. It always depends on the player's current value and the general financial market too, which doesn't seem bathed in opulence when it comes to direct outlays for a player. Still, if it was upwards toward the £2m that some believe, then that's an enormous figure for him and should be warmly welcomed. Can't be sure it'd all be spent, but a chunk of it should be and if that means we up our class levels and bag that monstrous behemoth up front we say gaily crave, then tremendous.
I like Nooney. He's a wait out for the defence that Lua Lua isn't, with a drop of the shoulder and a cheeky touch. Buckley fit should be his equivalent and better as he has the finishing power and the habit of pacedly gambolling, which is in his favour.

I'm excited about whomsoever might appear in the next two days.

Well put, wholeheartedly agree with that!

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I'm not sure how I feel about this, and I don't think my mind will be made up fully (assuming this goes ahead) until I see who shows up here between now and 11pm on Friday.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'm not so sure. 20,000 season ticket holders (inc 3000+ corporate) who hoover up pies and beer like there's no tomorrow makes us a good bet. At first I thought it was an act of altruism; now Bloom's money looks like a very smart investment.
For someone to buy us for over £100m, and want a return, we wouldn't have the budget for players we currently have and ST and other sales would fall IMO. We're not a big club with masses of fans that will come even if the owners take the piss, I think a lot of our spending is down to the fact that we know where the money is going - we are supporting the club.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'm not sure how I feel about this, and I don't think my mind will be made up fully (assuming this goes ahead) until I see who shows up here between now and 11pm on Friday.

It won't be Rhodes as Sky Sports News is reporting he has agreed personal terms with Blackburn.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
We were mugs for not taking the money last xmas and im delighted weve mugged Cardiff for that money again. Superb business at that price.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
im gutted he is going, gives a lot of energy on the pitch and is the most frequently available of our injury prone wingers, there will be times this season when we go with no wingers, as you can bet your bottom dollar KLL and WB will be injured again and no doubt soon. What then?

If it was to free up money, then there is half a dozen others who should be going in front of noone.

Good luck old chap.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Looks like Orlandi is on his way in. If true AND we are profiting - excellent business and another Spaniard!

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Like Noone but his final ball is pretty awful and he seems just to wing it when dribbling at players without really looking like knows what it is he wants to do to get past a player.

Take the money and run I say.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
We were mugs for not taking the money last xmas and im delighted weve mugged Cardiff for that money again. Superb business at that price.

My thoughts too. Anything close to or over a million is quite frankly a mugging so lets hope its a real sweeney job :)

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Still feel nooneys got more to give. He'll only improve over the next few years and its going to be annoying seeing him in action against us, but, if it means we get a top drawer striker in then not all bad.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Looks like Orlandi is on his way in. If true AND we are profiting - excellent business and another Spaniard!

Who is your sauce for Orlandi - Bloom?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Dan The Man

Sep 27, 2011
Mile Oak
im gutted he is going, gives a lot of energy on the pitch and is the most frequently available of our injury prone wingers, there will be times this season when we go with no wingers, as you can bet your bottom dollar KLL and WB will be injured again and no doubt soon. What then?

If it was to free up money, then there is half a dozen others who should be going in front of noone.

Good luck old chap.

spot on....we're looking a bit light already and needed players coming in, not going out!

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
I believe it will be a mistake to sell him. He contributes a lot and is usually fit. Buckley, Vicente and Lua Lua do not contribute consistently enough as they are more often unfit rather than fit. It is not really a surprise that there has been no known interest in any of them.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
If we can get Orlandi on the cheap and use the rest to buy a striker it would be good business IMO.

He may be injured quite a lot but we only need 2 of our 4 wingers fit at any one time! He played 30 times for Swansea when in the Championship last so he can't be that bad, and they got promoted with him! And also played for Barcelona in la liga, only for one ge but!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here