Noone to Cardiff - ** Confirmed **

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I am waiting to see what players we get ourselves before I get too upset. Maybe you should as well?

Perhaps. But I am not at all hopeful that we will identify a better replacement and selling to Cardiff, one of our main rivals. FFS

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
My theory is that Noone will be on his way out, we'll get the Swansea winger and use the difference along with any other transfer funds to buy a centre forward.

I'd be more than happy with that.

reigate

Nov 10, 2005
Not sure what time this is all supposed to have happened but I saw Noone leaving the AMEX at 1045 this morning. Was in training gear and on his own. I nearly asked im about the Cardiff thing but thought it was all over!

Also saw another player I did not recognise leaving. He shook a few hands and was then driven off by somemone much older and in a suit. Looked to old too be a development squad player. White, about 6 foot with dark hair and mid 20s. Had a look at a few pics of Orlandi and don't think it was him.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
My theory is that Noone will be on his way out, we'll get the Swansea winger and use the difference along with any other transfer funds to buy a centre forward.

I'd be more than happy with that.

That would work for me.

Also, I'd like to see some stats as to the number of games our main wide men:

Vicente
Noone
Lua Lua
Buckley

were unavailable for last seaon.... I'm sure Noone was out for at least as long as some of the others.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Cardiff is a fine city. will Noone want to live there though? It seems to me like he's having the time of his life in Brighton. We'll see, as I've already said I'll be sad to see him go. He's a character :)

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Guess we'll just have to wait and see. Would be disappointing if our least injury prone winger leaves leaving us with three sicknotes, but I have no doubt that Gus knows what he is doing and that anything around 1.5million for Noone is great business.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
The Bennett comparison is interesting isn't it.

In my opinion Elliot was a better player than Noone and yet we only managed to get 1.5m for him from a premiership outfit.

Despite this, there's speculation on here that we'll get more for Noone than we did for Bennett and from a club that is also in the championship. Not so sure myself.

Gus would only let him go if he thought he could cope with losing him - I think - do he's not going to be haggling dramatically over price.

If we do get the high price that some people on here are saying we will get then I think it shows that Malky is mad.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
That would work for me.

Also, I'd like to see some stats as to the number of games our main wide men:

Vicente
Noone
Lua Lua
Buckley

were unavailable for last seaon.... I'm sure Noone was out for at least as long as some of the others.

Number of games played:

Vicente: 11 + 6 sub = 17
Noone: 18 + 15 = 33
Lua Lua: 11 + 16 = 27
Buckley: 16 + 13 = 29

Jul 13, 2012
Just got in and spotted this thread,Lost for words. Nooney is my fav player. If Gus doesn't replace him then we can kiss any hopes of a play - off place goodbye and selling him to one off our rivals,FFS.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Perhaps. But I am not at all hopeful that we will identify a better replacement and selling to Cardiff, one of our main rivals. FFS

It is business. Cardiff will have spent a lot of money on a player who rarely performs to his best. Quality is about being able to perform to a high level every week.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports