Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Noone running the show for Cardiff..

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
What a load of crap in this thread. Craig None was bang average for us for over eight months before we sold him to Cardiff. In fact he only really had a good three months maximum. We did very well to get what Cardiff paid us. In three months Cadiff will be wondering where the hell the player they thought was great has gone.

Because he was played out of position and told to do rolls that didn’t suit him and playing him as a bit time player like Gus does with most players apart from Barnes.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
The thing is with KLL. He has been turned from a right footed winger into a left footed winger and next it will be a left sided midfielder and then finally a full back. Get him back doing what he does best ffs.

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
The thing is with KLL. He has been turned from a right footed winger into a left footed winger and next it will be a left sided midfielder and then finally a full back. Get him back doing what he does best ffs.

FFS, Gus does that with all players and will do. He never plays the players in their right postions.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Because he was played out of position and told to do rolls that didn’t suit him and playing him as a bit time player like Gus does with most players apart from Barnes.

Whilst I agree that many of our problems seem to stem from Gus trying to accomodate far too many midfielders and therefore never knowing his best team with players doing different jobs every week, Noone was one of the few who always played left wing.

He really wasn't that great. We got a very good fee for him.

bluebirdbaker

Aug 17, 2011
His end product is superb. Perhaps it was the players that were in the box for you that was the problem maybe, because he can whip in a ball like it's nothing to him.

So far one of the best wingers I've seen here in my lifetime.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
His end product is superb. Perhaps it was the players that were in the box for you that was the problem maybe, because he can whip in a ball like it's nothing to him.

So far one of the best wingers I've seen here in my lifetime.

Thanks for that!

Why do we start threads about old players who are doing well, is there some masochistic pleasure ?
Maybe we should have a thread about ex girlfriends we wish were back in our lives and have a collective outpouring, what a load of old toss! If you told me Noone was off and being changed for Orlandi i would still happily take that all day long. Lets get behind our squad which has real quality to it and will click soon.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
.. Perhaps we should have let Kaz go and kept him! We're missing his spark big time and I worry it's putting too much on Buckley's shoulders.

You sign players you lose players... move on mate, maybe if we kept Mark Lawrenson we'd have been European Champions?

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Noone was our only winger not constantly on the physios bench getting his sick note signed off , funny that Gus sold him

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Noone was our only winger not constantly on the physios bench getting his sick note signed off , funny that Gus sold him
But he was the only winger who couldn't hold down a starting place based solely on form.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

His form was up and down, it was like hitting the coconut or missing it, you never knew what Noone turned up. Sadly we have three or four like that but he was good business for us. We have players that perform for us but couldn't elsewhere and vice versa, it happens. Get over it.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Really? what was the fee? Some say £1,million how much would it cost us to rebuy him? £4,million?
1 performance equates to £3m.

How much are El Abd and Kuszczak worth, in your world?

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
1 performance equates to £3m.

How much are El Abd and Kuszczak worth, in your world?

lol. It wasn't till what last week that people on here was saying EL Abd isn't upto this division. Funny how after a good game that they are now world beaters.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Seems strange that an avergae player playing for the team in 2nd postion is ripping teams to bits. He sounds like the player we need.
I guess you found history at school quite tricky, what with having to keep up with all the rewrites.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
lol. It wasn't till what last week that people on here was saying EL Abd isn't upto this division. Funny how after a good game that they are now world beaters.
Feel free to post up links to those comments.

I sure as hell didn't see them and I have no life.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here