Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Noone "penalty"-any footage?

Aug 9, 2003
East Sussex
Disappointed to find Seagulls Players doesn't show that trip on Noone when he was running towards goal in first half.

I thought it was outside area looking from North Stand, but many reports seem to suggest it was a penalty appeal.

Anyone found any footage?

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Only in my mind.If that was a penalty,look forward to games finishing 19 all,given eleven a side,of course.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Think you're getting muddled. There was an incident earlier where Noone was running deep into the penalty area on the right, and was "clipped" - although it looked very soft on the highlights, not surprised it wasn't given.

I have no doubt in my mind the one you're talking about was a foul, can't quite fathom how it wasn't given - summed up the refs incompetence. Looked comfortably outside the area from my view in the north though.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Think you're getting muddled. There was an incident earlier where Noone was running deep into the penalty area on the right, and was "clipped" - although it looked very soft on the highlights, not surprised it wasn't given.

I have no doubt in my mind the one you're talking about was a foul, can't quite fathom how it wasn't given - summed up the refs incompetence. Looked comfortably outside the area from my view in the north though.

The first one was a rather pathetic dive, second was probably a foul on the boy who cried wolf.

Aug 9, 2003
East Sussex

No, I am aware of the two different incidents but it may be that some of the reports are getting confused. The reports I've read talk about the penalty appeal being rejected, and Gus turning around and walking away in disgust. This happened on the second incident, the one I originally thought was outside. Some on here who were in line obviously also thought it was inside the area. Certainly looked an obvious trip to me.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
The first one was a rather pathetic dive, second was probably a foul on the boy who cried wolf.

Gotta agree with that, if you're happy to throw yourself to the floor and try and cheat then you've gotta be prepared not to be given something when you should be.

Diving really does piss me off.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Gotta agree with that, if you're happy to throw yourself to the floor and try and cheat then you've gotta be prepared not to be given something when you should be.

Diving really does piss me off.

Agree.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
No, I am aware of the two different incidents but it may be that some of the reports are getting confused. The reports I've read talk about the penalty appeal being rejected, and Gus turning around and walking away in disgust. This happened on the second incident, the one I originally thought was outside. Some on here who were in line obviously also thought it was inside the area. Certainly looked an obvious trip to me.

Sounds like the reports are wrong. The incident when Gus threw his coat down and stormed off was a foul, which wasn't given, on Noone way outside the box. The penalty appeal looked soft and the Burnley players didn't look impressed with Noone at the time, but I'd still like to see it again before deciding it was definitely a dive.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
I was pretty much level with the Noone penalty claim. There was slight contact, and Noone went down. If it were given it would have been very soft. As it is, the ref may have thought the ball was going behind. Probably not though, and he was just inept.

Sent by yolk folk

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
as said in earlier post yesterday,this was a stone wall pen,not given,and this was the WORST decision of the day

tinytears

Feb 5, 2010
My view from the S/W corner was Noone was clipped but in all fairness he went down very theatrically, I still say penalty though

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
he was running at pace and done his step over,doesnt matter how little contact their was,he didnt get anywhere near the ball and clipped him,pen

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
It was a pen from back of the WSL, Noone pushed the ball past, defender stuck leg out & noone went over it trying to go past. Simple
I thought a reason for not giving was that it was so soon after the sendings off the ref would have been accused of trying to 'even things up' as happens. As he didn't book Noone then he is almost backing that theory up himself, that it wasn't a dive

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
read the whole sentence,he got know where near the ball,i was in line with it,doesnt matter as it wasnt given,but it was the worse desision in the game.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
It was a pen from back of the WSL, Noone pushed the ball past, defender stuck leg out & noone went over it trying to go past. Simple
I thought a reason for not giving was that it was so soon after the sendings off the ref would have been accused of trying to 'even things up' as happens. As he didn't book Noone then he is almost backing that theory up himself, that it wasn't a dive

anyone that thinks that was a dive hasnt a scooby tbh

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here