Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Non-Premiership England Team

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
In light of comments on other threads suggesting the idea of picking the England team without any Premiership players - if you had to do just that, who would you pick and in what formation?

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
My effort..

Green
Clyne - Mills - Tomkins - Konchesky
Buckley - Nolan - Lansbury - Lallana
Beckford - Maynard​

Both strikers are quite similar though, so maybe pair either with one of Lambert/Murray/Phillips.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Errrr, there's probably a reason why they're not playing in the top division...

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Errrr, there's probably a reason why they're not playing in the top division...

You've missed the point of the thread.

It has been suggested elsewhere that instead of packing the England team full of overpaid, underperforming petulant brats, it would be better to have 11 players from lower leagues who, while they may be less skilled, would be more likely to actually care about, and have some passion for, the opportunity to play for their country.

With that in mind, I was interested to see who people would pick if that approach were to be taken.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
You've missed the point of the thread.

It has been suggested elsewhere that instead of packing the England team full of overpaid, underperforming petulant brats, it would be better to have 11 players from lower leagues who, while they may be less skilled, would be more likely to actually care about, and have some passion for, the opportunity to play for their country.

With that in mind, I was interested to see who people would pick if that approach were to be taken.

No. Having read the other thread, I get the point of this thread. I was just providing a caveat.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Fielding

Clyne
Chester
Tomkins
Konchesky

Bentley
Howson
Lallana
Whittingham

Beckford
Chopra

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I think Premier reserve players should be included. The implication is good enough for England, not good enough for the Premier.

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
michael mancienne?

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
Has to be stockdale in goal surely? Or do players on loan to the championship from the PL not count?

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
My effort..

Green
Clyne - Mills - Tomkins - Konchesky
Buckley - Nolan - Lansbury - Lallana
Beckford - Maynard​

Both strikers are quite similar though, so maybe pair either with one of Lambert/Murray/Phillips.

That midfield is probably as good as the Premiership tossers that England are using now.

Lush

Mods' Pet
Haven't bothered watching England games for ages, but I'd be much more likely to watch any of those England teams suggested above.

However I'd also like to cast the Premier League adrift and start up a new English Football league, with proper links to the FA :moo:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Joe Hart
??? Mancienne Joe Bennett Fonte
Beckham Lansbury Lallana Joe Cole
Chopra Lambert

I can't think of a right back ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here