Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Non League Day

seagull 1979

Praying for points
Aug 29, 2011
Bicester
I went to watch the mighty Heyford United v Banbury Galaxy, capacity crowd of 5 and Heyford secured an impressive 2-0 win, mainly down to Galaxy being reduced to 10 men in the first half after their number 9 was sent off, his list of offences in the first 15 minutes include -
Calling the ref a cu*t
Calling Heyford manager a fu*king pr*k athe the top of his voice
Shoving the linesman who was one of the Galaxy players
Throwing the ball at the center back
Kicking the right back
Swinging for the opposition captain

When he eventually got sent off he picked the ball up and kicked it at the ref and threatened to kick the ficking sh1t out of all of the Heyford team and stormed off to getting changed giving the changing room door a good going over on the way in.

He (Dazza) appeared just after half time wearing a Palace shirt....

You couldn't make it up. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
I went to watch the mighty Heyford United v Banbury Galaxy, capacity crowd of 5 and Heyford secured an impressive 2-0 win, mainly down to Galaxy being reduced to 10 men in the first half after their number 9 was sent off, his list of offences in the first 15 minutes include -
Calling the ref a cu*t
Calling Heyford manager a fu*king pr*k athe the top of his voice
Shoving the linesman who was one of the Galaxy players

Throwing the ball at the center back
Kicking the right back
Swinging for the opposition captain

When he eventually got sent off he picked the ball up and kicked it at the ref and threatened to kick the ficking sh1t out of all of the Heyford team and stormed off to getting changed giving the changing room door a good going over on the way in.

He (Dazza) appeared just after half time wearing a Palace shirt....

You couldn't make it up. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

The referee was lenient to let him stay on so long. Each of those offences should have warranted a red card. So whichever was first needed him sent off.

seagull 1979

Praying for points
Aug 29, 2011
Bicester
The referee was lenient to let him stay on so long. Each of those offences should have warranted a red card. So whichever was first needed him sent off.

I thought the same, the fact that his manager was having a pop at the ref at half time was unbelievable, I'm guessing he'll get a write up in the match report and a ban to boot

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I must say that the ground is looking very tidy now , Rather fortunate with that last minute penalty decision though .

Yeah, classic cup tie, last 10 minutes sending hail Marie's into the box in the hope that Elphick will get on the of it. 6 goals, a red card, last minute penalty and dramatic comeback. Well worth the money.
Went to the Booksteed ale house afterwards, what an establishment that is, had 3 lovely pints in there.
Had a couple of pints of Dortmunder at Woodside Road, will definitely be going back at some point to cheer on The Rebels.

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset

expect the FA will dish out retrospective punishment.......Banbury won at Dorchester today, surely they don't have two teams ??

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Tranmere suffered their first defeat of the season getting totally smashed by the Shots. We finally have an attacking team back after 4 years of dross:rock::O:O So proud of the lads tonight.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
0-0 at Lewes, dull game, Lloyd Dawes didn't play which was a pity because he impressed last year on the couple of occassions I went to Worthing. Lewes and Sevenoaks looked about the same level! Should've gone to Woodside Road!!

Yeah, classic cup tie, last 10 minutes sending hail Marie's into the box in the hope that Elphick will get on the of it. 6 goals, a red card, last minute penalty and dramatic comeback. Well worth the money.
Went to the Booksteed ale house afterwards, what an establishment that is, had 3 lovely pints in there.
Had a couple of pints of Dortmunder at Woodside Road, will definitely be going back at some point to cheer on The Rebels.

Thanks for the text

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
I was at the Lewes-Sevenoaks game as well. Very flat performance from Lewes and Sevenoaks could have pinched it at the end.

The game was a bit overshadowed by what seemed quite a bad injury to Dan Perry. He was being treated up the far end pitchside on a stretcher by paramedics for about an hour before he got up and walked to the ambulance. Think they were being very careful in not to move him too soon because the injury seemed to be to his neck.

Strangely, I can see Lewes getting an early goal in the replay and going on to win handsomely.

Up early for Newport v Barnet. A chance to chalk off another football league ground visited. It's going to pee it down in the wet country though today.

Indeed it did, myself and about 49 other Peacehaveners made the trip down to Gloustershire and it pissed down all afternoon, not a good game, lost 3-0 but the lads that came on the coach (not me) were pissed as parrots so at least it led to lots of singing and plenty of good humour with the locals

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Crowborough 1-2 Croydon Athletic.

Crowborough are being bank rolled by the same guys who are at Eastbourne Borough and have spent a shed ton of money on playing staff and now seem to have a coach for every individual position. I would guess they have the biggest wage bill in the league by a long way but look a worse side than they did last season when they didn't have a pot to piss in and no one was getting a bean. Croydon Athletic have been a horrible side for a few years now but it works for them, at least it did yesterday. Maybe with a stronger referee it might have been a different story but you can't blame the referee for the result as Crowborough were quite simply dreadful.

Oh well other lot from Croydon away on Wednesday. Bloody train strike means I won't be in attendance......maybe that isn't a bad thing based on yesterdays performance.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Indeed it did, myself and about 49 other Peacehaveners made the trip down to Gloustershire and it pissed down all afternoon, not a good game, lost 3-0 but the lads that came on the coach (not me) were pissed as parrots so at least it led to lots of singing and plenty of good humour with the locals

Frustrating doesn't even begin to cover it. Yes, it was wet in South Wales, Bristol and Gloucestershire but how come there were no other football matches being called off? If Newport had been winning I would have bet my life that they carried on. Luckily it wasn't Bristol Rovers or Millwall fans in the away end otherwise there would have been a few naughties to the staff, toilets and bar area.

I'm spending most of the day composing a letter to say that I'm intending to sue the football league for this with £75 train tickets and £20 admission. I expect a full refund.

It was a bit like shagging Cheryl Cole and then waking up to find it was a wet dream.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia

Great fight back from the Rebels (or Mackerals) from 2-0 down last night .

Carshalton Athletic2

Brendan Murphy-McVey (9')
Ricky Korboa (24')
Worthing6

Will Hendon (44')
Brannon O'Neill (50')
Harvey Sparks (52')
Omar Bugiel (73')
Steve Metcalf (81')
Omar Bugiel (83')
FA Cup First Qualifying Round Replay
Attendance: 286
Venue: War Memorial Sports Ground

Full-time: Carshalton Athletic 2-6 Worthing
Half-time: Carshalton Athletic 2-1 Worthing

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Great fight back from the Rebels (or Mackerals) from 2-0 down last night .

Carshalton Athletic2

Brendan Murphy-McVey (9')
Ricky Korboa (24')
Worthing6

Will Hendon (44')
Brannon O'Neill (50')
Harvey Sparks (52')
Omar Bugiel (73')
Steve Metcalf (81')
Omar Bugiel (83')
FA Cup First Qualifying Round Replay
Attendance: 286
Venue: War Memorial Sports Ground

Full-time: Carshalton Athletic 2-6 Worthing
Half-time: Carshalton Athletic 2-1 Worthing

Their midfielder/attacker, Murphy-McVey, was a frustrating player. Never moved faster that a light canter, yet never lost the ball or missed a pass.

wadhurstseagull

Jul 26, 2003

I was at Woodside Road for the first time on Saturday and was also impressed with the set up. Great ending to the game. Having only very recently moved to Worthing I felt obliged to watch at least one game of my now 'local' team and I will definitely be going back.

Oh - and what's the Rebels/Mackerels all about? Haven't they always been the Rebels?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here