Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Non-League Day this Saturday - Where are you going?

Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
Really enjoyed Hassocks v Newhaven...2-2 and plenty of niggle, goals and what a lovely ground, even better when the sun shines I'd imagine...

Rocked up to the car park around 15 mins from KO...'We're full' says the noddy on the gate...'I've got a badge ' I say...'You're not disabled' says the bod 'but we don't f***ing care about those badges anyway so in you come'....Result!

£4 entry on handing over my old mans dinner (tin of soup for the local food bank) tremendous value...

In a huge JCL moment decided Newhaven are my non-league team of choice...Looking forward to (h) v Eastbourne on the 8th ( my electric car won't make Horsham and back on one charge one the 1st )

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
Lewes 2-1 against Potters Bar. Two nice goals for Lewes, from Champion and Taylor. I thought Potters Bar had some good chances, but Lewes looked much better overall.

Although it's a shame the playoffs seems to be slipping away, if it means another season at this level playing the standard of football they're playing, it will be another enjoyable season next year at the Dripping Pan.

arfer guinness

Feb 15, 2007
Worthing awful first half and were lucky to be just 1 down. Much better second half. Great cross for Rodari to head the equaliser in second half. Then a well taken pen from Ollie Pearce put Worthing ahead and then 3-1 when a long range effort from Kane Wills found its way into the H&W net. H&W pulled one back on almost 90 mins but Worthing held on for a 3-2 win.

H&W players constantly in the ref’s ear second half and I saw a red card waved after the final whistle … I assume for something said!!

At HT Worthing had dropped to around 11th in the league … but finished the day in 6th. It’s very tight for a play off spot!
Totally agree. First half all Worthing did was short passes around their own box before launching it upfield for the runners. Much better second half and deserved the win. Was also good to see some full bodied tackles without complaints.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Lewes 2-1 against Potters Bar. Two nice goals for Lewes, from Champion and Taylor. I thought Potters Bar had some good chances, but Lewes looked much better overall.

Although it's a shame the playoffs seems to be slipping away, if it means another season at this level playing the standard of football they're playing, it will be another enjoyable season next year at the Dripping Pan.
Although, the Canvey away game could be one hell of a six pointer.

andybaha

Jan 3, 2007
Piddinghoe
Not sure the play offs are out of reach for Lewes - 3pts off the play off with 15pts to play for. I do acknowledge that Enfield have a game in hand and a better GD.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Quite an incident packed game at Little Common yesterday where the Home side recorded a 4-1 victory over visitors Midhurst & Easbourne in the Premier division of the SCFL .

After going behind early on the visitors woes were compounded when they had a player sent off for saving a certain goal with the keeper stranded ( caught on my Nokia )

Although the penalty was saved things got worse for the West Susses side in the 2nd half when their keeper was booked and Sin Binned for dissent ( much to the bemusement of myself for one who was unaware that such a rule exists ) . And therefor had to play 10mins down to 9 men . The stand in keeper though appeared perfectly competent .

Didn't look as if the occasion being designated " Non League Day " had an impact on the attendance . Those that did make the effort though received good value for their £6 or £3 entrance charge

Attachments

• p1.JPG
    p1.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 32

andybaha

Jan 3, 2007
Piddinghoe
A group of us went to Worthing yesterday. Definitely a game of two halves. Thought they deserved the win overall. Hope that kick starts a good run for the final few matches.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
Although, the Canvey away game could be one hell of a six pointer.
Yeah, unfortunately though Canvey are 8 points ahead with 5 games to go. They'd need to lose and draw in the other 4 games, while Lewes win both, and then Lewes would need to beat them. I just can't see it happening to be honest.
Last Tuesday was the big game.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Seen them a couple of times...a bit meh if I'm honest...

I'm at Saltdean at the moment and can't really get enthused about the team here...

Looking forward to watching Newhaven at home with the ferry coming in
I don’t think I would bother watching Saltdean if I lived there, one of my lads played there when he was a kid. I can’t say I was impressed with their ground and the dirt track going to it.

Unfortunately the Newhaven Saturday home games have been the same day as the Albion recently. Easter should be good though with Eastbourne Utd at home on the 8th and Peacehaven away on Easter Monday.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

Eddie Simon breaks NL recored, scoring 4th hatrick in a row.
Marvellous NL day out :clap2:

Last edited:

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
Whilst not non league, it may as well have been

Took advantage of Crawley charging £2 for the bottom of the league match with Rochdale

Joel Lynch was one of Crawleys better players
I was there too. I understand it was their biggest ever league attendance. Shows what a 'bargain' price ticket does to raise the attendance. Quite a different type of game more kick rush and end to end less build up play and square passes and plenty passes going astray. I thought Rochdale looked hopeless second half and looked at table later - I think they have a foot in non-league already!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here