Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Non compliance of FFP

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
There's an article about FFP in TSLR this week. It also contains 25 Smiths song titles for reasons I cannot quite remember.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Churley1 has a point. I assume all the undisclosed fees will now, in this day of FFP all disappear and we will know exactly what players cost?

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Churley1 has a point. I assume all the undisclosed fees will now, in this day of FFP all disappear and we will know exactly what players cost?

Well maybe the fees will be disclosed (and proven) to the FA, but remain secret to the public and other clubs? Or would they have to be published in the financial reports each year?

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Well maybe the fees will be disclosed (and proven) to the FA, but remain secret to the public and other clubs? Or would they have to be published in the financial reports each year?

They were all lumped in together last year, so it will be a total, not for each individual. May also include signing on fees, agent fees and all that malarky too.

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota

Care to disagree then? Palace made losses of circa 5 million last season not including the sale of Zaha and our crowds were far lower than yours along with cheaper tickets, lack of corporate areas etc.

If it's not your player wages/transfer fee's, what was making your costs so high? I'm not criticising BHAFC, especially after our past, I'm merely intrigued.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Yesterday showed a good example of the flouting of the FFP. Watford wanted to resign Chalobah on loan this season but Chelsea wanted all or most of his wages covered and Watford couldnt afford this yet Forest could, How?

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
My understanding is that our last accounts showed that we lost £8 million in a year. We cannot go on losing that sum of money, things have to change and are changing.

In general too many players are being paid too much for what they produce on the pitch.

Exactly, even if TB were willing to dip into his well stuffed pockets, it isn't the best thing for the long term future of the club. The future revolves around producing our own players from the Academy, it's the risk free way to having a sustainable club

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Care to disagree then? Palace made losses of circa 5 million last season not including the sale of Zaha and our crowds were far lower than yours along with cheaper tickets, lack of corporate areas etc.

If it's not your player wages/transfer fee's, what was making your costs so high? I'm not criticising BHAFC, especially after our past, I'm merely intrigued.

Wages were, from memory, around 70% of our turnover of about 16m (please correct if I've got this wrong). And I think this was comparable to what Palace were paying in wages in relation to turnover - this was for season 11/12 remember. A figure for other costs was reported but not detailed in the financial reports. However, most of the blame seems to lie with Paul Barber's predecessor in that there had been too much unnecessary expense and too many staff; hence the redundancies made last season.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Exactly, even if TB were willing to dip into his well stuffed pockets, it isn't the best thing for the long term future of the club. The future revolves around producing our own players from the Academy, it's the risk free way to having a sustainable club

I don't think that is being disputed what irks is that some clubs appear to be completely ignoring the rule.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I don't think that is being disputed what irks is that some clubs appear to be completely ignoring the rule.

And they are taking a risk in doing so but that isn't the case just because FFP is here, it's a risk anyway, look at Coventry, Portsmouth etc...

Surely one of our main aims should be to be a sustainably run club that isn't reliant on handouts with or without FFP?

mac04

Nov 15, 2011
RH12
So, if QPR need 3 points from their last game to guarantee promotion (and they are playing a mid-table team in that last game who have complied with FFP), would it be very tempting for that team to throw the game so they get loads of cash from the fine?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here