Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Noble House, Hove (most recently the Jamaica Inn)

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
The Golden Cross days were a bit dodgy. Good luck to the new venture. Real ales and a decent menu. Think they had to make an effort after the Portland became The Stoneham and other pubs in the area have changed name and revamped

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Has anyone popped in yet? Only opened a few days ago, looks like it could be pretty decent.

Noble House

Hoping to try next weekend as no Saturday Amex action.

Went in at the weekend for lunch on Saturday with the kids. Really like it, they've made a great job of the refurb, the outside part has been done really nice as well. They've got some good ales, a proper coffee machine, and overpriced food - it's proper middle class now!

I'll be drinking in there quite regularly I suspect. Neither the Railway Tavern or The Victoria ever particularly take my fancy, and are generally more like a scene from 28 Days Later on a Saturday night. The Noble House has just the right ambience to be a nice place for a family lunch in the day, or a quite drink or night out in the evening. Big thumbs up from me!!

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Food was expensive when I visited a few weeks ago and menu limited. They were about to launch a 'proper menu' which I guess they now have. Due to the location I think they will have to keep prices reasonable.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Think of it like The Stoneham with less kids running around but more expensive.

I actually think it's got a bit more character than the Stoneham, but you are probably right.

I live fairly nearby, and too be honest, the Jamaica Inn, Railway Tavern and The Victoria were all too much a like, and there isn't anything else to choose from. I would generally walk the extra 20mins and go to the Westbourne / Poets Corner / Ancient Mariner / Stoneham for a night out.

The Nobel House is definitely a change for the better in terms of choice.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
I'm not keen on the name, its named after that pilot isn't it?

Noble house sounds snooty and even if the bloke was posh it doesn't fit right with the theme of it being named after a war hero

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Food was expensive when I visited a few weeks ago and menu limited. They were about to launch a 'proper menu' which I guess they now have. Due to the location I think they will have to keep prices reasonable.

3 bed Semis are £400k in all roads leading up to it so half the locals have readies, across the road don't..
Good name for pub : Hero pilot went down top of Woodhouse/Portland they tried to dig him up and give him a proper burial/grave 10 years back but to everyone's surprise he wasn't there...someone in the war must have already moved him after the crash

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here