Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nobby Horton !

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Great link,thanks. Maybe i am getting carried away but were either Hereford or Peterborough really in with a chance of signing him ? Let's face it we were on the up.

Crystal Palace were also in the frame to sign Horton. In fact, during Vale's draw with Palace, Venables advised Horton that he would be taking over at Selhurst Park at the end of the season and would be looking to capture Horton. However, Port Vale wanted the money sooner and that's how Peter Taylor got there first.

Hereford were the Division Three champions in 1975/76 so they were also on the up at the time. Although Brighton were chasing promotion that season, their previous three campaigns had been ones fighting relegation (one in Div Two, next two in Div Three) so we probably weren't a glamour club by any stretch of the imagination.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
When he was our captain he lived about 5 doors up from me at Westdene, regularly took time to chat to fans when he was out and about. Personally I rate him as our best ever captain, and a really good guy socially.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Yes, it was a pity that he didn't get introduced to the crowd at some point.

HortonHearsAWhoBookCover.jpg

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Goldstone legend too right.

Just a pity he's having to do that Deal or No Deal to make ends meet.

:lolol:

I hadn't spotted the likeness until you mentioned that. Fair play!

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Why?

He was there in a work capacity wasn't he?

Yes, but even John Keeley got a mention and a warm cheer when he came to the Amex in a working capacity this season.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here