Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NO Zamora and NO Baldock for tomorrow night!!!

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Something doesn't add up though. CH seems happy (or resigned) with it and there was no sign of a recall when Man U were down to Rashford.

There were also reports on here that he was throwing up at the side of the pitch again on Saturday. Something's clearly not right, else how can a young lad get drained of energy so quickly?

Regardless of that, based on what I saw with my only-had-two-pints eyes on Saturday, he didn't have 90 minutes him in.

I saw, with my very own eyes, him being sick on the pitch verses Burnley. Just after he came on, right in front of the east stand 35 yards from goal.

I hear you . yet How come Hughton is blind to all of this ? how despite everything he played 50mins + in our last 3 games and a full 90 against Reading ? thats also a complete mystery.

DFL JCL

Jan 8, 2016
Every time Wilson was being BERATED by the knowledgeable fans for not running around and chasing lost causes, I made a point of looking at Hughton who was all of 10 yards from him.

He didn't seem angry at Wilson despite EVERYONE in the stadium being aware that the player was apparently doing the wrong thing...........

Calderwood tore into him on at least one occasion that i saw. I would still start with him against Brum, his pace & finishing can be match winning.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Sad news but I'd give Skalak a go.

I haven't been overly impressed so far (and his diving and rolling around bothers me a touch) but he does seem prepared to put a shift in and put himself about.

Wilson is turning out to be something of an embarrassment and I think we can see why Man Utd didn't recall him even when they had no strikers left. Very disappointed by his attitude and application again on Saturday.

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
With the way we play, and the focus on counter-attacking I reckon you could perm almost any combination of Hemed, Skalak, Knockaert, LuaLua (,Wilson) and Murphy across the front and we'd still be pretty effective.

Yep. We still have plenty of firepower.

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
Sad news but I'd give Skalak a go.

I haven't been overly impressed so far (and his diving and rolling around bothers me a touch) but he does seem prepared to put a shift in and put himself about.

Wilson is turning out to be something of an embarrassment and I think we can see why Man Utd didn't recall him even when they had no strikers left. Very disappointed by his attitude and application again on Saturday.

Do remember he isn't 100%. I think the criticism of him has been a touch unfair. I've no doubt he's giving everything he's got even in a weakened state.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
I hear you . yet How come Hughton is blind to all of this ? how despite everything he played 50mins + in our last 3 games and a full 90 against Reading ? thats also a complete mystery.

I've just given you a fact. Do what you want with it.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
In whom as prolific scorers or ones you could bet on to score?

Hemed's recent goal scoring record and goals from the wings from Knockaert and Murphy. Lua Lua was prolific before getting injured. We've had goals from midfield too. Neither are we down to the bare bones. We have a number of players who can play there and were bought with the specific intention of having more than one purpose.

Contrast that with Middlesboro where a manager who likes to play the Spanish way of only having one main striker was given Jordan Rhodes and the whole thing caused so much discord he nearly walked out.

Four main strikers at the club, a number of utility options and two or three in a dev squad who may (or may not) make it is exactly right for a club of our size confirming to FFP.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
If only we had a striker who has scored 5 goals in the last 7 games we can rely on.

As an aside, and it may have been mentioned elsewhere but I was too busy being drunk on Saturday night, wasn't Hemed absolutely tremendous on Saturday?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
In fact, anyone who thinks firepower has been our issue this season clearly hasn't been watching. We've scored the same as Hull (54), more than Boro who have only got 51 and more than Derby (52). It's goals conceded where our goal difference falls down. Not really the sign of a side who have been negligent in recruiting firepower.

GenericJames

Apr 2, 2016
Does anyone know how long Sam is out for? I think anyone that has seen the team when he plays knows what a HUGE miss he can be.

I'm not ready to give up on Wilson yet though. Attitude or illness, we've seen the talent that he has and I think I would have more confidence in a team with him and Hemed up front, rather than Skalak (Leeds miss, anyone?).

The good thing about this Brighton side is its versatility. Murphy can go down the middle, Rosenior can go on either side, and we have explosive talents like Lua Lua on the bench.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Hemed is our only 1 you can rely on and the sutuation with BZ and Sam Baldock was known pre loan window deadline. All efforts to sign a striker should have been made. The cost would have been minimal compared to the prize and the rubbish spouted about FFP conforming is that rubbish. As an old manager said to fail to prepare is to prepare to fail. The goals scored by wide men and midfielders should be a bonus. Hemed just runs himself into the ground each game covering our shortcomings and this will tell on him eventually and we shall be left with no strikers fit.

Last edited:

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Every time Wilson was being BERATED by the knowledgeable fans for not running around and chasing lost causes, I made a point of looking at Hughton who was all of 10 yards from him.

He didn't seem angry at Wilson despite EVERYONE in the stadium being aware that the player was apparently doing the wrong thing...........

He doesn't do angry though does he?

see Barton stamp on Kayal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here