Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Chelsea will now win 1-0 thanks to a goal that was 6 yards offside.

Should make a cracking ONLY goal of the month for them though.
Corrected for you.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
I think it's an excellent thing, let the game flow as it does and maybe we'll come out of it saying VAR is 100% required but also maybe we'll come out of it thinking empowering the referee makes more sense.

Unless the referee is useless, which is likely.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I'm generally very anti VAR and lets be honest even with it we have had some shocking decisions at big clubs. That said it feels like it is getting better and the European version gave us two penalties. I'm still not a fan but could be persuaded. I'm mostly now fed up with goals being ruled out by marginal offside decisions. If they improved that I could be on board.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
This is definitely a bad thing. Clubs like chelsea usually get the benefit of the doubt especially at home.

Why are they not using it ? Too tight to cover the OT ?!?
Presumably because it's an EFL competition and that organisation only uses VAR in the play-offs.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I thought VARs 1st appearance in england wasnour fa cup tie with palace in early 2019.

It was - it was actually Jan 18 - shocking research in that article

Yep, the Palace FA Cup game in January 2018 was the first competitive match in England featuring the technology. There had been some trials in non-first team fixtures before that, I believe - one of which was the U-18 Premier League South fixture between Albion and Aston Villa which was switched to the Amex and played on Nov 1 2017 with Roger East as the referee.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here